Little Giant 9200 Still Air Incubator - humidity

So... has anyone ever had a duckling hatch early with its yolk sac still attached?
If so, what are the chances of one surviving?
idunno.gif

I have never hatched ducklings so I have no idea. A fast search showed several threads of ducklings that did hatch with the yolk sac attached and they survived. Try posting in the duck section.
Here's a link to the ducks https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

I pulled the three eggs with no movement. I am on day 10 now.

Egg 1 - quit on day three or so

Egg 2 Double yolk - quit on day five

Egg 3 - quit on day 8

We still have five eggs doing strong. Only one from our flock and the four from the neighbors.

So I cracked the quitter. The egg was under a lot of pressure. When I tapped it on the sink, the yolk shot out. Anyway, the chicken may have been a day 3. It was a lot smaller than the day 4 egg I accidently cracked thinking it was dead.
This was when I first cracked it. I couldn't get to the embryo so I rinsed it off.
This is how big it was. It was on a small plate and my thumb should help with sizing it.
I may have seen movement in the last egg but I'm not going to hold my breath. I may have also found a blood vein. Maybe. I'm candling it Saturday and if there's no change, I'm cracking it. Definitely time for a new incubator! P.S- This one had no smell at all or a blood ring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom