Little Giant Hatch Along

Locking down tomorrow with an LG still air... trying not to get my hopes up since I haven't seen anything moving since we lost power after day 9...
sad.png

Wow this thread has exploded! I am hand turning my eggs 4 times a day
th.gif
I use a sponge for humidity and am not worrying about the water trays in the bottom. I also put rocks in the incubator to help keep a even temp.

Beckim hoping for you to have a great hatch
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I have put some rocks in mine and I really haven't noticed much of a difference. I also put a large beach towel under the bator and it is big enough that if I need to 'wrap' the bator, I can on the front and sides.

I have taken the hygrometer out to callibrate so right now I just have 2 thermometers (the ones that came with the bator and turner) in there and the temps are pushing up to 100 degrees, don't like that because they keep wanting to go up more. I have to take a plug out to get the temp back down a bit.
barnie.gif

I want to play too! Mine are on day 6 and I can't wait to candle them tomorrow! This is nervewracking! Got a hovabator first, but the heater was defective. Now I have the LG still air.

I had that water problem - you can't see where you're pouring it! - went all over the table.

Crossing my fingers for all of us!!

fl.gif

Last edited:
I am on day 3 which will be my 3rd hatch in my LG incubator , I have the 2nd hatching in another incubator they went to lock down on 23rd and 1 hatched out yesterday and today we have 28 pips out of 38 eggs ...

Good luck everyone
smile.png

Hi! Don't leave me behind....I am right there with ya'll it seems. I set my eggs on the 21st at 1130pm. After many hours of watching and adjusting the temp. I have a LG also. Still air but with the egg turner.

We are fully loaded. Eggs of different ages...but the oldest were six days. We had a racoon get Big Momma the LF cochin and Ethel the Barred Rock hen. One night after the other....then we got the racoon. Rocky has gone the way of the wild goose.

So, we are really hoping the BR's and the Cochins make it!!

My instructions say 99.5 but other instructions say100-101 for still air. I have two thermometers and they have two different readings. Just below 99.5 and just above 99.5 and they change off. Going to town tomorrow to get the wet bulb thermometer.

Looking forward and just hope we get a good hatch....or at least a few BR's and qutie a few Cochins!!!

Following ya'll with great interest!

I'm with you guys!! I am on day 4 and 5. This is my first ever hatch. I put 5 in on 2 different days. I can't wait to candle on Sunday to see what is happening. I also have the Little Giant. So far have had no problems with temp and humidity. This site has been so wonderful. I have learned alot and talked to so many nice people. Must be the chickens. They are good for the soul.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom