Little Lou..eye trouble..oh nooo!!

Misty, try putting a lid on the buckets and put them under a roof or shelter if you can. I've been doing that and although they freeze it's very thin ice and easy for them to break into. I clean and refill my buckets every night and when it's this cold I put the buckets out in their places in the run in the morning.
That’s a nice idea, but then they don’t have water all night. I put the salt bottle in, and it keeps it from freezing pretty long...I think...but, by morning it’s froze...but, we’re a lot colder here...it’s been 8* here this week for the high..yesterd the ducks made a run for it to outside...:lol: they quickly came back in...poor ducks. They stayed with the goats...at lears they had a change of pace...and the goats don’t care

Yes...heated buckets are a life saver! The water isn't hot, just warm enough not to freeze! Has saved me a lot of water hauling on the cold days! Now I just need a heated water hose 😂

he can dunk his head in a heated dog bowl too it just isn't as tall as a bucket but if you think he's able to stand up to a bucket get him one. I use heated dog bowl inside on days like today and heated buckets outside. we're at 14 so I have birds that won't come out till it's up into the 20s. So they get food and water inside.

1579698168979.png

Back
Top Bottom