Little visitor to my garden.....

Great pictures !!

We have lots of hummingbirds here, too. We have lots of hummingbird feeders and lots of butterfly bushes, which they love !! We have hummingbird wars around the feeders. We have the red throated ones and the green ones, and they are vicious !! I snapped these pictures last summer.

Hummingbird07-17-10.jpg

Hummingbird07-17-2010.jpg

Hummingbirds07-17-10.jpg

Hummingbirds07-17-2010.jpg

I, too, feed hummers on my porches. I mix 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. I have discovered that they will also play in a spray from the garden hose! When I water my plants, I take a few minutes to turn the spray to a fine mist and hold it out beyond the porch. It takes a few minutes for them to come, but before long there are several taking turns flying back and forth through the water. They play just like little kids in a sprinkler!

we have them here. feeders all over the place. Have to watch yourself though, they will buzz your head if you get in the way. Had one hover face to face with me nearly touching the tip of my nose with it's beak. When they begin bickering it's neat to hear the noises they make.

Justuschickens - great pics...WOW! So beautiful! I just love hummingbirds!

Farmcoe - You're right, I've only seen a couple of hummingbirds since I moved here a few years ago.

More hummingbird pics...please! I just love to see them! I putting out a feeder this weekend. I sure hope we attract more in my yard. I figure where is one, there will be more.

If you hang a feeder and keep it clean and filled they will come regularly. Just don't let the sugar water sit to long before you change it or it will mold. We had a couple feeders up at our old place and quite a large crowd of regulars. They got so used to us that we could stand near the feeder with our finger in front of the feeding station and they would use it as a perch. That was truly amazing to have one of those tiny birds on your finger. My young son was 4 at the time and was so thrilled to have one land on his finger too.

Back
Top Bottom