Lives lost per unit of meat eaten

Quote:
Hippos will eat meat when possible. Gorillas will eat termites but I am not aware of documented consumption of vertebrate meat, certainly not of sort requiring canines to subdue and dismember like a chimpanzee or baboon might do.

Quote:
Hippos will eat meat when possible. Gorillas will eat termites but I am not aware of documented consumption of vertebrate meat, certainly not of sort requiring canines to subdue and dismember like a chimpanzee or baboon might do.

Gorilla's go to war with other groups of Gorilla's and the losers get eaten. Saw it on animal planet.

Quote:

Gorilla's go to war with other groups of Gorilla's and the losers get eaten. Saw it on animal planet.

Chimps, not gorillas. Some evidence indicates gorillas leary of same chimps when they come together in nature. Chimps bad boys just like us and will breed to numbers where warfare needed to maintain balance.

Quote:
I haven't heard anything about gorillas eating meat, but they do eat grubs and such so maybe that qualifies. Chimps hunt and kill game for meat. I don't know of a single primate that subsists wholly on a vegan diet.

Quote:
I haven't heard anything about gorillas eating meat, but they do eat grubs and such so maybe that qualifies. Chimps hunt and kill game for meat. I don't know of a single primate that subsists wholly on a vegan diet.

Gorillas and orangutans can give a vegan / vegetarian human a run for his / her money when it comes to operating on a nearly meatless diet. We all eat grubs now and again when eating vegetables. Intake of insects by larger primates does not require canines.

Gorillas eat mostly plants and fruits with the specific diet determined by the sub-species' location. I seem to recall that less than 5% of their diet is composed of ants, snails, caterpillars and other insects. You're right Centrarchid, they don't eat vertebrates.

Last edited:
Lets not forget all primates eat what they pick off their buddy, Im guessing fleas and lice are meat.
smile.png
Human's eyes are also forward fixed like most predators.

Quote:
and that is all that's needed for humans to survive also..

Back
Top Bottom