Lockdown! Cross your fingers...Newest pictures, page 18

I opened the bandaid & cut off the pad & only kept the sticky parts. I laid one sticky piece with the sticky side up & pressed its foot open onto it as best as I could, then put another bandaid piece sticky side down to hold it together. Basically it's a bandaid/ quail foot sandwich. I have to watch that it doesn't get splayed from the extra weight.

It couldn't stand up at all until I did that, though. Its feet may not end up perfect, but if it can walk and have a decent life that's what I want. I'm going to leave it on 24 hours and reassess. I used smaller bandaids that we've had in the first aid kit for nearly 10 years. I also made sure they weren't the waterproof type. Those would be too hard to remove.

I've read a lot of posts where people have done this for chicken chicks (with full size bandaids). They say it only takes a couple days usually to fix their feet.

I have one other baby with some curling in toes. However, it gets around okay so I'm not sure I"m going to traumatize it. It was pretty traumatic trying to hold the squirming wee one enough to get its foot opened up -- its feet were really bad.

Last edited:
63147_100_3611.jpg

Quote:
Thank you! The only one I'm worried about at this point is little Boots! Well, actually, he's not so little. He's probably the biggest one of the bunch. I'm a bit worried that he'll splay with the bandaids on. I did the best I could getting them on him, but he was awfully wiggly!

Oh yes, and even more so when you are trying to put sticky bandaids on their feet!

Pretty babies, now lets see, 8 hugh. So at least 6 are males, I am sure just because you want girls. Let me look at those pictures again.

YUP, the one big one with the splotches and maybe the one at the drinker are probably girls. I am pretty sure the rest are boys. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Very funny!

There are 9 girls in that picture. You better go see your optometrist!

Here's Mr. Boots with his boots on.

63147_100_3620.jpg

I figured he just needed help getting on his feet initially. So, I used lots and lots of olive oil & here he is with his boots off.
smile.png
His feet aren't perfect, but he is walking pretty well now. Not quite as steady as the others, but he'll catch up.

63147_100_3624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom