Lockdown!

Dirty Dozen

Songster
10 Years
May 30, 2009
Long Island, New York
Just candled and put 37 eggs in cartons to hatch (1st time with cartons). 2 possibly 3 might be quitters. Amazing how some are further along than others so I won't dump them yet. Will start raising humidity tomorrow. 1 had to go solo on wire (no more room). Think I might like the egg carton thing. Easier than killing my eyes trying to find out who rolled where! Wish me luck!

Happy Hatching!
jumpy.gif
Hope it goes well for your babies in the cartons!

I'm new to hatching and don't understand all the methods. What is the egg carton for? Is it just some way to tell which chick came from which egg?

I'm new to hatching and don't understand all the methods. What is the egg carton for? Is it just some way to tell which chick came from which egg?

I'm pretty new to all this myself but using egg cartons is a great way to keep the eggs in place during lockdown and it helps keep the first chicks hatched from kicking the other eggs around. Just gotta make sure and cut holes in the bottom of the egg cups so the eggs can breathe. Hope this helped
smile.png

Realized I can't do cartons. Once they start to hatch, no rooms for chix to run around so out they go! Hoping to hear some peeping or see some rocking Tuesday or Wednesday. So exciting!

Back
Top Bottom