Lola 'the lonely'...

hd_darcy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
So, I mentioned before that I hatched out ONE beatiful little Ameraucana. She will be getting some companions next week (yay!). However, until then she is soooo spoiled. Wow, do I love her. She chirps like mad untilyou come in by her brooder and talk or pick her up. I mean chirps like non-stop. The second you come in there she calms right down. Poor thing. It's so sweet though. I don't know how many times last night I went back and forth attempting to leave, but then going back to her. Finally she chirped herself to sleep. I think if I could sleep in that brooder with her I would!
gig.gif

We are going camping this weekend and I have my neighbor girl coming over to check on her and the others.. Ugh.. I'm so looking forward to camping, but feel terrible for Lola! I hope she's okay. I will tell my pet-sitter to please pick her up and hold her here and there so she doesn't die from lonliness!!

Anyway, I just had to ramble and brag on how adorable she is.. And I attached a pic
smile.png

55840_p1070448.jpg

And one more..she sleeps well being cupped like this
smile.png

55840_p1070454.jpg

Quote:
LOL, I'd love to, but there is no way we could fit a brooder in the camper w/ our kids...and tolerate the chirping when we couldn't take her for bike rides and such!
gig.gif

Oh you best believe that I would take her along. You could make her a little basket to ride on the bike with you. LOL. just kidding.... I hope she makes out ok without you. Have a safe trip.

AWWWWW...she is Just Too Cute!!!!

You are right, she is peeping when you leave because she is lonely. Is the neighbor going to stay with her while you are camping? Do you have an old stuffed animal or an old sock you can ball up for her to cuddle with?

Good luck!

Quote:
I have a few stuffed animals in there, and the only thing she uses one of them for (doesn't touch the others) is to jump on its head and jump up when you are "visiting" her... I also put a mirror in there for her, but that didn't even phase her in the slightest. Oh well. Night is the worst. the other night I think she peeped non-stop (very loudly) for 30 minutes before going to sleep. Last night was much better once I stayed gone. Maybe it will get better within time. Wednesday is when I'm getting more. Can't wait to make her happy! Poor thing!

ETA: I also have a feather duster in there, and a very small thing for her to roost on, and to change 300 minutes to 30..LOL..

Last edited:
Awwww, what a little sweetie! Too funny about you having a Lola as well!!
smile.png
My oldest son wasn't convinced of the name, but then started calling it her before we even confirmed that would be it. I tried to feather-sex her, and I think she's a she. If not, she will turn into Lilo!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom