Lonely chick, is he gonna be ok

The girls have arrived, at first he seems a little mad/disappointed but now they are doing fine.. (Rhode island red, Jersey giant, Olive egger, white egger layer) and my 6day old backyard mix...
Wonderful breeds! I'm sure he's happy to have buddies now.

The girls have arrived, at first he seems a little mad/disappointed but now they are doing fine.. (Rhode island red, Jersey giant, Olive egger, white egger layer) and my 6day old backyard mix...
What cuties! I’m not sure if I just can’t see it, but the chicks should have unlimited access to chick food, so if there isn’t any in there you should have some.

20210818_114917_HDR.jpg

It is hard to see in the picture by the water I also added another bin and waiting on the heated plate to come if anyone has any ideas or info I'd love the opinions for a new chick owner

Is it normal for them to keep pecking at each other's feet and if so how long before they stop... These girls are so adorable the RIR is a little weak but she's eating a drinking.. it's 99 in there home but she still looks cold the others seem fine tho I have alot of concerns

Is it normal for them to keep pecking at each other's feet and if so how long before they stop... These girls are so adorable the RIR is a little weak but she's eating a drinking.. it's 99 in there home but she still looks cold the others seem fine tho I have alot of concerns
Chicks will scrunch up if they're sleepy, if she's trying to be right under the lamp or very close to the others she may need the lamp to be moved closer. Your temp seems fine, she's probably just tired. Chicks will peck at stuff, pretty much anything.

Chicks will scrunch up if they're sleepy, if she's trying to be right under the lamp or very close to the others she may need the lamp to be moved closer. Your temp seems fine, she's probably just tired. Chicks will peck at stuff, pretty much anything.
Thank you I'll keep an eye on her I'm not sure what more I can do for her, eats, drinks stays laying down and when she does walk she's wabbling.. but maybe by tonight she'll regain strength..

Thank you I'll keep an eye on her I'm not sure what more I can do for her, eats, drinks stays laying down and when she does walk she's wabbling.. but maybe by tonight she'll regain strength..
To keep a sick chick warm I put rice in a sock (cotton sock) tie it up and pop it in the microwave for a couple seconds. The sock should feel warm, not too warm. The chick can sit on top of it to be warmer but if it's too warm a healthy chick will not want to be on it. When I deal with sick or cold chicks they tend to snuggle very close to the warm sock and eventually they start to perk up.

I just noticed the wobbling part. Try giving her a tiny bit of molasses or sugar mixed with water. Sugar feeds the brain and keeps vital organs running. Were these chicks shipped?

Back
Top Bottom