Long Grove, IL is holding a Public Hearing on keeping Chickens...

SpringChick

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
If there is anyone out there from Long Grove, IL and wants or has chickens please come to the village hearing on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 7:00PM at Village Hall. This will be an opportunity for all us chicken lovers to plead our case. I plan doing this and the more folks that show up the better. Currently you must have 10 acres or more and have a special use permit to have chickens in Long Grove. The amendment would allow chickens within residential zoning districts.

I grew up near Long Grove. You might want to check out the Illinois thread and get some advise from folks who have chickens in other suburban townships. Come prepared with info on how other communities have dealt successfully with allowing chickens in residential areas. My guess is that you will need to provide some education to others in the community. Good luck!

Quote:
This is absolutely ludicrous to require someone to have 10 acres and a special use permit to own chickens. That would make it impossible for most everyone to own chickens. Hope you do well in your fight.

Back
Top Bottom