Long white worm...

Cierrascoop

Songster
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, me again.
Your probably super tired of seeing my posts about my rescue that I rescued but alas we have another issue.
My silky rooster came from a local rescue and was not in good condition at all. He was just treated with permethrin 10 fir horrible mites and lice and is still being treated for scaly leg mites so bad that his feet are mostly white and have clumps on them...so today I noticed that he has a very long, thin, white worm coming out of his bum. Probably two or so inches so far. That's past the fluff so it is likely longer. I'm unsure what kind of worm this is or how I would go about treating it. I just started him on garlic water yesterday and have ACV water and regular also available. I also gave him a squashed squash yesterday to pick at... He has perked up considerably since his first day here. But still isn't up to par. And now I'm worried again. What is the fastest and most affective way to deworm him? Photo of my sweet boy.

Also- is there something I can buy that is an all over wormer that works well? At this point I just want to cover everything.

Go to TSC and get a bottle of Safeguard liquid goat dewormer.
Dose at 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

See that he's eating a chick starter or an all flock feed that is 18-20% protein. Limit treats.
Make sure he has poultry grit (crushed granite) available.
While the ACV and/or Garlic may not be that harmful, these will not treat worms. Do provide fresh water too, some birds will not drink well and stay hydrated with additives in their water.

1665674730596.png

A

Go to TSC and get a bottle of Safeguard liquid goat dewormer.
Dose at 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

See that he's eating a chick starter or an all flock feed that is 18-20% protein. Limit treats.
Make sure he has poultry grit (crushed granite) available.
While the ACV and/or Garlic may not be that harmful, these will not treat worms. Do provide fresh water too, some birds will not drink well and stay hydrated with additives in their water.

View attachment 3289979
A
Thank you! He does also have plain water but seems to like both. And he is on all flock 😊. I will definitely be getting this. Will it treat all worms ? I am thinking what I seen may be a tapeworm with as long as it was but I'm not a worm expert sadly.

Thank you! He does also have plain water but seems to like both. And he is on all flock 😊. I will definitely be getting this. Will it treat all worms ? I am thinking what I seen may be a tapeworm with as long as it was but I'm not a worm expert sadly.
Can you get a photo of what you saw?
A long worm usually is Roundworm, but I suppose you might see an intact Tapeworm if the infestation is great.
But yes, if it's tapeworm, then you would want to use Praziquantel instead of Fenbendazole.

*Most* of the time you would see Tapeworm Proglottids in the poop (first video). Second is Roundworm so you can compare.

Back
Top Bottom