Anemic turken

Homesteadchickychick

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2024
So I had a northern fowl mite Infestation and I sadly didn't catch it until it got pretty bad ( feel horrible about that) I have a turken that I separated because he was anemic. I fed him lots of greens and put rooster booster in his water. Yesterday he seemed to be improving not his comb but his behavior. Today he's in a corner laid down just breathing but not really moving. I also treated him with elector psp yesterday and his comb is nice and bright red as well as his neck which is a massive improvement but opposite behavior

Can you feed him red meat? Greens only do so much and to much can cause other issues.
Yeah I fed him beef the other day and he had it yesterday too. I came out to the coop this morning and he's in the coop laying down. All the mites look to Have come to the surface and are dead. He won't move today though. He's breathing though.

So true. I learned from it also.
Do you have any suggestions how i can get thru my hard time? :(you see i have a rooster who is very anemic due to mites and that red blood cells didnt get renewed in is body. I have been treating him very intensively. Today he did not eat, he just drinks and sleeps. I am so scared for him, i love him dearly and i am praying from the bottom of my heart that God gives him health. Its so heartbreaking to see him like this. :(

Do you have any suggestions how i can get thru my hard time? :(you see i have a rooster who is very anemic due to mites and that red blood cells didnt get renewed in is body. I have been treating him very intensively. Today he did not eat, he just drinks and sleeps. I am so scared for him, i love him dearly and i am praying from the bottom of my heart that God gives him health. Its so heartbreaking to see him like this. :(
Are the mites treated and gone? Once they are removed he can fully start to regain strength. Give him some beef and rooster booster in his water. Make sure he's separated because the others will pick on him.

Are the mites treated and gone? Once they are removed he can fully start to regain strength. Give him some beef and rooster booster in his water. Make sure he's separated because the others will pick on him.
Yes the mites are treated, i hope he regains strength soon. I have been worried sick, he is so concering. He sleeps/lies down all day long. :( He drank some water today, i accidently disturb him in his sleep because i couldnt find his head so i had to touch him, poor guy got freaked out and didnt have the balance to stand up or to stay at one place he was wobbling. :( i got so scared, i gently made him sit back down and then he got his head down and started to pant pretty bad and he was heavy breathing too, i really shocked him at midnight. After calming him down he got relaxed and fell back to sleep. I have been checking on him every hour to see if he is doing okay or if he needs something. I hope he gets thru this hard time :(

Back
Top Bottom