Look at the state of that box! (shipped eggs)

yellowherb

Songster
5 Years
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
I think the post office entered this box into the annual post office Olympics. I cant image how much weight they tossed on this poor box with my Osceola eggs in it :(

I will say, the seller did an amazing job packaging. Each egg was generously wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in shredded paper. I won 6 eggs on Ebay, seller shipped 7, 1 was totally scrambled so I ended up with 6 and I'm pleased. Hopefully I can get at least 50% hatch even with whatever the post office did to the box.

Thank you rdeerhunter3618 for an awesome job packaging.

Last edited:
here's to hoping for the best but in reality, if it was me, id be mighty happy if one hatched! it looks like they were tortured! :/

I will try to keep up with the thread and let you guys know how the eggs progress and what hatch rate I get.

I got a box yesterday. Didn't quite look as bad as that one but I was shocked when not one of the 6 was not broken. I'm letting them settle and then will candle to just see if there's any chance of hatching. I have 3 Naragansett hens, predators got the gobbs last year. I had 4red bourbon hens but one managed to go with the wild ones in my my avatar. She may be able to get high enough to roost but her wing is clipped. I also 2 RB gobs and jersey giant chickens. Twelve cinnamon queens are on the way along with 5 broad breasted poults. I'll get some more red bourbon poults from country hatchery whic is 30 miles from me.

I have 12 mixed heritage turkeys in the incubator now, plus the 6 Osceola from the mutilated box, 10 pheasant eggs, 10 cortunix eggs and 6 mille fleur chicken eggs. I'd love to add more but I'm stuffed right now!

I candled the Osceola last night and found one of the 6 has a hairline crack. I've painted it in clear nail polish and will hope for the best, but expect the worst. The air cells look really good though for coming in a box so heavily smashed and rattled.

I think the post office entered this box into the annual post office Olympics. I cant image how much weight they tossed on this poor box with my Osceola eggs in it :( I will say, the seller did an amazing job packaging. Each egg was generously wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in shredded paper. I won 6 eggs on Ebay, seller shipped 7, 1 was totally scrambled so I ended up with 6 and I'm pleased. Hopefully I can get at least 50% hatch even with whatever the post office did to the box. Thank you [COLOR=000000]rdeerhunter3618[/COLOR] for an awesome job packaging.
Good thing the shipper wrapped them well. I've shipped so many fragile things through the p.o. and ups over the years being an artist and antique dealer.I trust the p.o. more by far than ups but those drivers don't give a hoot about the pkgs. They get stepped on and thrown around etc. A real shame. I lost many valuable irreplaceable items. Good luck with these eggs. If they don't hatch successfully I'd keep that box,shipping materials & paperwork and turn in a claim if anything goes wrong. Was the pkg insured?

I am not sure if the seller insured it, but I doubt it. I figure you really take a chance on shipped eggs, it's a gamble in more than one way. I bought 30 cortunix eggs and 15 were smashed, when I informed the seller his response was he would pack them better next time..not as in let me replace those for you. Myself, I would replace eggs that were broken if the extras did not make up for it. But after buying so many eggs online I think I would pack them really well as a seller :) I've seen how different people pack and I've seen which ones make it to the destination the best. The foam with circles cut is by far the best imo, but the bubble wrap individual eggs works really well too. I think you can honestly tell who cares out their eggs and who does not just by how they are packaged for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom