Look at this! Egg inside of an egg!!

How crazy that 3 of us now have had this rare thing happen in the same approximate time period, one 4 times! It must either not be that rare, or something weird atmospherically, or something making it be less rare right now.

Danielnv....I thought of that as well. Did you crack open your egg yet? Has your hen laid multiples as well? We just had her 5th laid yesterday. I thought this would be a once or twice occurrence but she just keeps on going poor thing.

Amazing!!!
clap.gif

Our copper maran cross laid something that looked like a rotten onion the size of a small baseball. When i picked up the 'rotten onion' it had a skin-like cover on a greenish-grayish shell. I broke the shell and inside was a clear, runny goo along with a normal-sized, dark brown egg. Inside the dark brown egg was a normal yolk/albumen. This hen is about 7 months old and has been laying for about 6 weeks. She had gone almost a week without laying. Of my four hens, i consider her my 'special-needs' girl because she is last at everything. (Last to start laying, last to get to the fruit i put out, last to learn to sleep in the coop, still hasn't figured out to lay in the nest!) After reading these posts, i wonder if she will lay another egg-in-egg. Will i have health problems from her?

~~Today we had our fist reversed egg, white in the middle and yolk on the outside, we had hard boiled it. We were almost scared to cut it and were shocked to find the white! Has this happened to anyone else?

~~Today we had our fist reversed egg, white in the middle and yolk on the outside, we had hard boiled it. We were almost scared to cut it and were shocked to find the white! Has this happened to anyone else?
The egg could have just gotten shook and all "scrambled" inside the shell.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom