Look at this sweet face on my new baby goat!!!!

Fudgie

Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
North Central Missouri boonies
15601_dec_2008_022.jpg
15601_p1010063.jpg

What do you all think about this little boy! What a sweetie and for only 5 bucks!!!!

wee.gif
ep.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We have not named him yet. I told DD we should name him flash. I don't know, we usually wait a few days and see what name fits him. What do you guys think.

No it is not a heart just a big blob of white. He is the cutest thing in the world. Quiestion for you all, he is a bottle baby and I have fed calves but how many times a day should he be fed and how much exactly? Can you feed him cattle milk replacer or do you HAVE to use goat milk replacer...just asking don't mob me...LOL

Our bottle calves we fed 2 times a day.

He is adorable... I have never bottle fed so I can't help with that question but I was wondering if he has a goat friend?

You can use the calf milk replacer, but the kid milk replacer is better, higher in fat. Add some probios and electrolytes to the milk, as it will assist in their digestion until the rumen is mature and functioning. A great website for goat info is http://fiascofarm.com/ . Keep an eye out for scours. Have you bottle fed before?

Cute little nubian you have. I have 4 nubians and 5 pygmies. The nubians are my favorites though.

If it is at least two weeks old I would give it 4oz. three time's a day. Then just play it by ear when you need to up the amount. When it start's acting like it is still hungry I would up it to 6oz. If you can get goat replacer I would use it or if not calf replacer will do. Even better if you can get real goat milk for couple of weeks I would use it. They are a world of fun.

I think Flash is a cute name.......unless his personality names him something different. I agree with waiting a few days to see if something fits him. But a BOY named FLASH will probably fit anyway
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom