Look what I found DUMPSTER DIVING!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

MBLayfield

Songster
12 Years
Oct 22, 2007
Wellsville, UT
big_smile.png
I was dumpster diving in town.... LOL, for boxes. I was helping my daughter and son in law pack their apartment to move in with us. (Thats another story) In the process of locating boxes in dumpsters I stumbled across this beautiful thing
smile.png

I conned my brothers and husband to pick it up for me before we quit for the day. It took 4 men to move it!

This thing is sweet! It's on skids, has 1x4's for flooring and had hinges on one side, so that the side lays down. I haven't measured it with a tape but its about 4x6.

Can you guess what its going to be when I get done with it? LOL

DH said that he would put a slanted roof on it and some siding so it matches my big coop if I wanted. Of course I want! Just big enough for a flock of little silkies. Which then free's up the three pens inside my coop. Which allows me to fill said pens with something else!

Box2.jpg

Box1.jpg

I think I totally scored on this one! I asked the shops in the area if I could have it and they said YES! It was a box that they shipped a pizza oven in. New coop for me, new coop for me! Woo Hoo!

how awesome is that! congrats! i could use a few things that size, they'd be great for run in sheds for some other livestock too!
smile.png

LOL I know you guys! I almost dropped when I asked and they said yes! I just knew that the shop owner would say no way!

I did fallover however when my husband volunteered to side it and make it match my other coop.

Now if the snow would just thaw out now so I can get it back where its going that would be great!

I can't wait!
smile.png

Wish my roommate would find something that useful when he was dumpster diving. Mostly he comes home with discarded books, clothing, and broken electronic stuff (that he says he can "fix").
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom