Look what my son found this morning!(THE BIG UPDATE pg. 5)

barnie.gif
i want one!

Congrats on your litter! I have three sows about to pop any time now. It never gets boring or less exciting.

I wanted to give you some information on colors and such. The two pigs you have now are Coronets - long haired pigs with a rossette on top of their heads. And the two you have now will be a mix of the Coronet and your former American boar your daughter lost. Ah that is always hard when we loose one.
hit.gif
But the joy he left behind is wonderful! Now, you have a Tortoise Shell and White (red/black/white) baby and a Golden Agouti/Red/White baby. The golden agouti if you look closely is like chocolate with red tips on the ends of the hair. I would say since they are mixed their coats will end up medium length. And yes, 90% sure if the other pig in the pen is a male you have another litter on the way. They usually back breed within hours of birth. Just keep a good supply of vitiamin C and good food. Also feel free to give Alfalfa because unlike what most pet sites on Guinea Pigs say, it isn't going to kill your pig. You have to consider that 90% of all pelleted feed is made of Alfalfa and that is a staple to their diet. If you go by pet sites then you should have already killed your pig with the pelleted feed! LOL

Oh, and you should see them eating feed within 3 days - even trying for treats you feed.

And don't tell your daughter not to hold them! The more you handle those babies the sweeter they will be. Just give them potty breaks and time to nurse. Always hold carefully - I am sure your kids know that already...

Congrats again!!!
ya.gif

Quote:
Oh.. so you were aware that you were mixing genders? When I read through, I was under the impression that you thought you had 2 males, originally ..one passed.... and you got the other male, Vivienne ...and then your existing "male" was not male, after all.

Good luck with your pigs!

Aneesa's Muse :

Quote:
Oh.. so you were aware that you were mixing genders? When I read through, I was under the impression that you thought you had 2 males, originally ..one passed.... and you got the other male, Vivienne ...and then your existing "male" was not male, after all.

I don't think she realized it was a male until she found the babies. I might be wrong, though.​

OMG how adorable! Now, how do I keep my DD from seeing these pics and begging (again) for a guinea pig? (She joined byc this afternoon... heaven help us both) Congrats Miss Jayne, and may Elizabeth have her newest blessings for a long time.
clap.gif

Quote:

I don't think she realized it was a male until she found the babies. I might be wrong, though.

I agree-it sounds like she thought they were all males-hers was a male, then she got the two "males" that the humane society vouched for.

Anyway-I love guinea pigs and the babies are to die for!

How cute! Well, they look to be a few weeks old. How in the world did they escape your eyes? Must be secret agent guinea ( watch out! ).
The same thing happened to me, except with Rabbits. Well, we had a rabbit named Cooper who was supposedly 'neutered by the vet two weeks ago' ( thats what the previous owner had said just before we him ) and then so, we went to a breeder about a year later to get cooper a friend ( again, supposedly a 'male' rabbit ). Well, 2 months and 5 bunnies later. We figuired out cooper wasn't fixed. And Micky wasn't a male rabbit.

Aneesa's Muse :

Quote:

NO.....Vivienne was a MALE. i bought him as a male and my daughter named him after a character on a British TV show from the 80's.

the other two were adopted from the Humane Society by our neighbors. they brought them home and the wife and daughter had HORRIBLE allergic reactions. the Humane Society obviously made a serious sexing error. the Humane Society agent also told them that people who are allergic to cats are not allergic to guinea pigs, so they would be a great choice.

we would never have put them together on purpose otherwise. we have no intention on breeding. they were to be for pets only.​

Back
Top Bottom