Look what the purple chicken fairy brought me!

Quote:
You put them in the other day too? So we'll be hatching around the same time and can compare hatches
big_smile.png

yuppers,,, but only half,, im still waiting for 2 eggs to hatch, then the bator will be getting terry's
big_smile.png

Quote:
I had 3 LGs before I got this bator. I have button quail on my LG now. They are touchy
but if you want a good hatch you must know your bator.

PP is being so kind as to babysit by Brinsea and eggs as I will be away the week they
will go into the hatching mode. I'm fully confident in her ability to hatch lots of chickies.

Quote:
I had 3 LGs before I got this bator. I have button quail on my LG now. They are touchy

PP is being so kind as to babysit by Brinsea and eggs as I will be away the week they
will go into the hatching mode. I'm fully confident in her ability to hatch lots of chickies.

ya,,, she does seem to be the broody type,,haha
lol.png

i dont know her very well,, but if you trust her,, i guess i would too
big_smile.png

Quote:

Babysit? Who said your getting the 'bator back?

wink.png

Quote:
Yeah I have the LG 9200 as well, the only prob I have with mine is getting the humidity to go up. It has some temp fluctuation, but not too bad. I have ordered a pc fan to rig up for it though, cuz I have 1 guinea egg, and 14 chicken eggs in there now, and have bought 12+ texas A&M cortunix quail eggs. I only have the one bator right now, so I need the circulation...

I have an LG and have had nothing but stress as the temps spike or drop without any clear reason. We just bought an HB 1588, and I'm in love. In the past two days it hasn't fluctuated even half a degree, and whereas I couldn't get the LG humidity up to 45% to save my life, the HB is hovering there beautifully without all the water places even being full. I'm totally going to sell the LG and buy another HB before spring hatching.

Wish I had room for that many more birds, but I'm already pushing my luck, lol. let us know how the hatch goes.

Even with that Brinsea you still have to watch the temp close and then add
a few napkins to get the humidity up. No bator is perfect, well except for the
black cochin bantam.
wink.png

PP doesn't realize that she's probably saving my marriage. If that bator was
left in my wife's hands on day 18, well it coulda been bad. She accidentally unplugged
it on our last hatch. Oooops.

Quote:
Temp is holding good at 37.8. I like the ticking sound it makes, sounds like rain.

Save your marriage? Well I wouldn't go that far. But you know I would be more then happy to hatch eggs for you
tongue.png

Quote:
I disagree with that...my blue splash dutch bator only hatched 4 eggs, while me and my LG hatched 12...plus 3 of the ones she left behind...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom