looking after Japanese quails

pipkins

Hatching
Feb 9, 2015
im looking at getting some japanese quails,
people say they are a hardy bird..they will be kept outside in a coop. will i need to put in some heating for them in the winter. its been minus 5 here in norfolk. our garden is protected all around and was wanting to let them free rome, but don't want them to fly off. would clipping there feathers be ok.
what sort of size coop. was thinking of a rabbit hutch type but with a mesh floor for the droppings to fall into, do they need a dark area to go to and do they need perches.
any help greatly appreciated

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock"

Sorry, I don't know anything about quail. I would definitely take a look at the link that Michael Oshay gave you.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Japanese Quail or Coturnix Quail are pretty hardy birds and can live out doors even during some brutally cold temps. Definitely follow the link to our Other Poultry section in our Learning Center. Michael has left you with the link. Lots of good articles on raising quail that should help you out. If you still have questions, feel free to ask questions in our Quail Section. Michael has also left you the link to that part of the forums as well.

Enjoy this new quail journey and welcome to our flock!

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!

Going here, will help you get around BYC!!! Has loads of info on how to get around the site!

How to insert pictures on BYC!!!!

frow.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom