Looking for a book I read as a kid!! I FOUND IT!!

Megan04

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Georgia
It is by Patricia Scarry. The Golden Story Book of River Bend!

http://www.applebybooks.net/si/007401.html

I'm almost crying sitting here looking at it.

When I was growing up, I remember reading a book that I absolutely loved. I used to read it all the time! But, I can't remember the title of it any longer and I would love to try to find a copy of it.

The book was hardcover and had a lot of pictures. Lol. The animals were like humans, i.e, they walked on their hind legs like humans, etc. I'm pretty sure the author was female.

The story starts out in the spring and goes through all the seasons, and holidays. Easter, Valentine's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. It also had little stories and poems interspersed in it. Including one about a mouse riding his bike with streamers, a mouse flying a kite that got away from him, he ends up in a chimney, fly's into Miss Kitty's sheets drying on the line and leaves a perfect print of himself, that she later cut into half(I think for a sheet). There was also a story about chickens being taken to market, and there was an accident and chickens all over the road.

The main character was Miss Kitty, and she hung Easter eggs on her tree in her yard, and at the end of the book, there was a parade and she rode on a truck covered in flowers. There were a lot of pictures in it and it wasn't a very thick book.

I would love to find a copy, or even just the title of this book.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
gig.gif

Lol. That's not the one, though. Darn it. Lol.

Thank you for looking! I really appreciate it!

I wish I could remember who wrote it. I think(pretty sure) that the author was female.

Last edited:
Young, like 5-10. The book was not a novel. It was short stories/poems of the town/community life, compiled in one book. Mainly talking about the seasons.

Back
Top Bottom