Looking for BCM eggs or chicks! Please help me find some! 😊

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
Hi everyone, I had 2 Maran girls that had just turn 16-18 weeks or so, but sadly passed due to MG. 😔 Sadly I had to cull my entire flock because of it, now I’m chicken-less. I’m get 33 or so chicks from McMurray and ideal in June, which I’m just realizing is next month 😊 but I really am wanting more BCMs. They are amazing birds, but pretty hard to find. I’m getting a BCM cockerel in June and he needs some girls that are the same breed! If anyone knows of somewhere or someone that is selling chicks or hatching eggs please respond. I would preferably get chicks in June but eggs in June or July, maybe end of August, but preferably June or July. I also hope they have good genetics and are from good lines. Thanks for reading this and hopefully responding!
-ChickenWhisperer101

Where are you located?
Cackle Hatchery has had some, don't know about their availability in June. i might have some, same source, hatched either April 14th or May 5th., if you are nearby.
Mary

I’m in Tx, cackle doesn’t have any in June sadly:(
I don't know where you are in Texas, but there are quite a few good Marans breeders in the state. The FB group Marans Central is the buy/sell group of the Marans Club and a way to connect with good breeders as opposed to hatchery birds. If you are comfortable saying if you are within driving distance of central Texas, I may have a couple of recommendations.

I don't know where you are in Texas, but there are quite a few good Marans breeders in the state. The FB group Marans Central is the buy/sell group of the Marans Club and a way to connect with good breeders as opposed to hatchery birds. If you are comfortable saying if you are within driving distance of central Texas, I may have a couple of recommendations.
So my BCM idea didn’t work out, but I’m more than likely going to get some cuckoo Maran chicks soon. Thank you to everyone for the input and help!

The cuckoo Marans with clean legs are not the same as the cuckoo French Marans with feathered legs! The latter will have darker eggs than the clean legged types, who may produce more eggs, but nowhere near the darker chocolate types.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom