looking for laying hens in south carolina

KyleD.

Songster
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
south carolina
i've had chickens before but with out a proper place to keep them, the neighbor stray dogs got ahold of them, i've uped my pen to keep them in and want to get back in the business.
Just don't want to mess with day old hatchlings been there done that is was fun but too much work when you need eggs. Please tell me if you have any for sale
smile.png

Kyle,

I am also in SC. Florence Area. I have a small backyard flock and have hatched some chicks in January and have more of the way. I enjoy brooding them and you are right it is a lot of work. I may have some pullets that I can let go of in a few weeks. This does not solve your problem of getting eggs right away but at least you would not have to brood the chicks just raise the pullets up to laying age. If this intrest you let me know if not I will keep a look out for laying hens and drop you a line if I find some.

Thanks! That would be helpful. I actually live in Oconee county. Its a bit of a hop down to florence, i bought 3 golden comet hens last friday. i got them saturday and since sunday i've gotten 6 egss from the three. i would love to get more though.

Congrats on your new hens. Golden Coments are great layers so you should get two to three eggs each day once they settle in.
When I get a few old enough to travel I will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom