Looking for other Lakenvelder breeders

TopHatsNSpats

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
Central/Western Oklahoma
Hoping this is the right place for this thread... I have had Lakenvelders in the past, and I am just getting back into them this year. I have a nice batch of 16 here at the moment. I had to go to a hatchery because I could not find any local breeders and I have had really bad luck with shipped eggs. I was really surprised that it was this hard to find them. The babies I got look pretty thrifty and perky, though of course who knows what I will get quality wise, but I can start from here and select forward, I am in no rush. More importantly, I am hoping to find other breeders of Lakies, hopefully in reasonable distance, to work with to improve my birds. I have not seen any even at the few shows I have been to recently, so I am beginning to think this beautiful breed is falling off the face of the earth. I would like to find some other breeders so that we could network, in order to keep lines viable and strong. I'd also like to find some more golds, at the moment the new babies are all whites. Anybody out there who raises these, I'm interested in hearing from you! White or gold, show or not, don't care, just do not want to see these lovely birds fade out. I am located in NE Oklahoma. Anybody else out there?

Back
Top Bottom