How’s it even possible????

Shewolfe

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2022
South Mississippi
So I’ve had the absolute craziest thing happen on my farm. I have purebred show birds. Albany,clarets, hatches, brown reds, pyles…..etc. I’ve raised them from babies and now my pullets are laying. I’m so excited to get my F1’s !!! So I go gather eggs to start incubating and find a huge clutch of BLUE EGGS!!! Now before you say I have EE’s or the other I can promise you I do not!!! So I need some advice and thoughts on how this is happening please!!! I’m about to go crazy trying to find out

Attachments

• IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 25
So I’ve had the absolute craziest thing happen on my farm. I have purebred show birds. Albany,clarets, hatches, brown reds, pyles…..etc. I’ve raised them from babies and now my pullets are laying. I’m so excited to get my F1’s !!! So I go gather eggs to start incubating and find a huge clutch of BLUE EGGS!!! Now before you say I have EE’s or the other I can promise you I do not!!! So I need some advice and thoughts on how this is happening please!!! I’m about to go crazy trying to find out
This is rare, this is the only thing I can find so far on blue egging Gamefowl.

This is rare, this is the only thing I can find so far on blue egging Gamefowl.
Interesting. (The thing about pheasants being bred with gamecocks (unless they are talking about junglefowl which I am pretty sure all have white eggs) is a lot of malarkey though.)
Along with egg color being linked to feather color.
But it is good to know that some strains do lay blue eggs.

Interesting. (The thing about pheasants being bred with gamecocks (unless they are talking about junglefowl which I am pretty sure all have white eggs) is a lot of malarkey though.)
Along with egg color being linked to feather color.
But it is good to know that some strains do lay blue eggs.
Yeah, it's hard to find good information on this subject. But I can try looking for more, though it'll be difficult.

JungleFowl are considered Pheasants, though maybe talking about a Pheasant colored chicken. But things like this aren't very clear.

Pheasant chicken hybrids are actually pretty common to find in Asia, but don't know tons about them.
Ring Neck Pheasants apparently lay blue, or green eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom