Looking for pictures of Barred Easter Eggers (BR hens mixed w/ Ameraucana Rooster)

These were the best pics I could get of them.

My pics are bad because they won't let me get close, so these are zoomed and kind of crummy.

The first pic is the ameraucana mama to give an idea of mama colors, and the next are her two babies being fostered by the Marans. Ameraucana was foraging around the tractor shed so that was the best pic I could get of her.

The next ones are of her 2 babies. I think it may be a cockerel and a pullet there. One has a much more developed comb color, on par with the other cockerels. None of their barring is very discernible right now because they're just getting their juvenile feathers, but the feather patterns are definitely a little different than moms was at their ages. It's actually similar to the female Cream Legbar, which do not exhibit the heavy barring like the males do.

I will post pics as they develop to keep y'all updated.

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG
IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

Here are the little buff orp crosses. No idea what these are going to be, thinking a Cream crele or something.

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1981.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG
    558.8 KB · Views: 2
Your little Buff crosses look a bit like my little one, but think yours are lighter in color. Here is a picture of my now six week old pullet. Product of Ameraucana hen, & Buff cross Roo. Naming her Buffy, at least for now. :) It is a picture of her as she grew. I kind of like to keep some pictures together to refer back to. I know she will change more by 9-10 weeks old so we'll see how she finishes up. Have a good day.

EEpulletgrowth2days6wksBuffy1.jpg

She is lovely, I can't wait to see how she progresses.

Your little Buff crosses look a bit like my little one, but think yours are lighter in color. Here is a picture of my now six week old pullet. Product of Ameraucana hen, & Buff cross Roo. Naming her Buffy, at least for now. :) It is a picture of her as she grew. I kind of like to keep some pictures together to refer back to. I know she will change more by 9-10 weeks old so we'll see how she finishes up. Have a good day.

View attachment 1138736

Back
Top Bottom