Looking for the best iced tea recipe

Quote:
I just tried this and it is so simple! I kid-tested it x3 and it's approved! Iced tea in under ten minutes, Yaaa!

Think I'd like to add some lemon
wink.png

Quote:
This is true with ordinary tea, or if adding just sugar and lemon, but if you add a lot of fruit juice, as in the Italian tea I make (2 oranges, 1 lemon, 1 lime and mint added), the bit of bitterness from the tea isn't a problem.

edit started, then changed my mind

Last edited:
We used to be in love with suntea, but my wonderful MIL taught us to brew tea in the microwave. This recipe is great, because it can be made so quickly when you have company and need to keep the tea coming!

"5-2-5-2" Tea
5 teabags in 2 cups of water ( I use a large glass measuring cup)
5 minutes in the microwave, add water to make 2 quarts tea
If you like stronger tea, use 6 teabags or steep a little while before adding water.

You can add ice to your pitcher, and pour the hot tea over the cubes. Then add however much water you need to make 2 qts.
We like unsweetened, but if you keep simple syrup in the fridge, anyone can sweeten to taste.

Simple Syrup
Heat 2 cups water and 4 cups sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Keep in covered container in the fridge.

Thumbs up on the white tea- it's lovely, and has little to no caffeine.

Here's my favorite recipe- it's from a local sandwich place and named after a former local...eccentric, let's say.

Tan Man Sun Tea

To a normal Sun Tea jar add-

3 bags any Black Pekoe Tea (your normal tea bag, say Lipton)
2 bags Orange Pekoe Tea
2 bags Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger or Orange Zinger (or 1 of each)

Let it brew in the sun (or you can make it in your Iced Tea maker or Coffee Maker- it'll be stronger, and thus work well with ice!)

Sweeten to taste and serve with a lemon wedge

Back
Top Bottom