Looking tap into some experiance

Incubator warehouse sells them for the same price, actually that is one of their auctions. If you choose to buy from there I have a few cupons you can have. I love my incukit. I used it when the thermostat went out on my LG right at lockdown. It saved 60 chicks and it holds temp 10000X better than those Chinese pieces of $h#%

Hmm Your basket turner thing.......Are you fliping it over Like in frying an egg or does the relative top of the egg stay up right and you tilt the tray one way then tilt it the other. not sure if thats clear or not. but thanks for the quick responses.

Set them in a carton of some sort zip tied to the PVC. Then rotate it to where the eggs are not sliding out, but look like they are pointing diagonally. Turn them at least three times a day, side, middle, side.

Quote:
THEY ARE MORE ROTATED FROM 1 SIDE AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE TO THE OTHER BY TWISTING THE PIPE HANDLE THAT GOES THRU THE BATOR TO THE OUTSIDE.

Is it ok to bump a post just to say that there is no such thing as an all white meat coturnix?

On the bator front...build your own long before you get any eggs. That way you can grasp the basic knowledge of heat/humidity based on surface area of water, rather than trying to tweak a bator ....I'm just saying!

Ok Im getting exited, i think I can do this and the wife is just about to be on board. Next question in an incubator how much space does 48 quail eggs need. Question 2 lets talk brooder. how big will that have to be and for how many weeks. At what out side temperature and age can the brooder be moved to garage.

thanks this is great.

Quote from the Sticky in the forum..................*A & M- Selectively bred by A & M Texas college for their white meat and pure white feathers- can also have brown spots on back of head and or on the back.
* Golden (aka Manchurian, Golden Speckled)- in normal size and jumbo

Not saying its true but thats were I got the info.

Back
Top Bottom