Looky!

Quote:
I wouldn't put more than 4, maximum. If you live in a year-round mild climate not prone to long rainy stretches, maybe 6-7 but it's more of a gamble w/r/t health issues.

If you only wanted a 4x4 coop, it would be a lot cheaper to build your own reach-in (as opposed to walk-in) one. OTOH if you're spending a buncha money for a walk-in coop, better to have it larger (like at least 4x8 or 6x6 so you can fit a reasonable # chickens in there and/or have storage space for feed etc. JMHO of course.

Good luck,

Pat

there are several people here on the forum who bought and modified the lowe's playhouse, so you might want to do a search and see what other folks have done with it. it's awfully small, though. i can't imagine that anyone would put more than three or four standard hens in there, even with a big run or free range.

There is a nice handful of people on here who have this as a coop. If you do a search for play house coop I think you'll find some.

I wouldn't put more then 4 in it.

Thank you for the replies! The playhouse was on sale for $75 and dh and I wouldn't be able to replicate it for that price, nor would we have the advantage of saving so much time.

Back
Top Bottom