Lord Featherington is a lord, right? EE at 12wks

Welp, 3 weeks later I’m still wondering what ya’ll think of this one. It’s very skittish so getting close up pics is nearly impossible. 15 weeks and no crowing, not much for comb growth, but I still question the feathers. I don’t see any cockerel behavior but am not sure what to expect yet at 15w, if anything. It’s just those darn feathers. Something tells me I’ll be questioning this one until the day I watch it crow or watch an egg come out :lau

Attachments

• IMG_5341.jpeg
    IMG_5341.jpeg
    715.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5342.jpeg
    IMG_5342.jpeg
    780.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5343.jpeg
    IMG_5343.jpeg
    677.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5344.jpeg
    IMG_5344.jpeg
    768.7 KB · Views: 17
Ok, fine then, I accept the Pullet responses and will officially stop worrying that it’s a lord. I think I am over analyzing the feathering and seeing points where there are rounds, etc. and the iridescent coloring in the black makes me cross-eyed, though I know logically that black feathers can have this fancy coloring and can confirm with my other known pullet breeds. :cool: Thanks, all!

Ok, fine then, I accept the Pullet responses and will officially stop worrying that it’s a lord. I think I am over analyzing the feathering and seeing points where there are rounds, etc. and the iridescent coloring in the black makes me cross-eyed, though I know logically that black feathers can have this fancy coloring and can confirm with my other known pullet breeds. :cool: Thanks, all!
She is definitely a pullet! All chickens, as long as they have feathers, have a sheen. There was a thread somewhere that showed the most beautiful hens I have ever seen, and they had an array of sheens all over them. It all depends on the color and how much sunlight it reflects.

Back
Top Bottom