Lord Featherington is a lord, right? EE at 12wks

Whigru

Songster
May 7, 2020
Minnesota
I’d like confirmation that Lord Featherington - the EE with brown/red/black feathering - is indeed a lord. He was supposed to be an EE pullet but I don’t think that’s the case. My birds are 12wks tomorrow.
I have not heard a crow yet, but these feathers and his size make me pretty confident he’s a cockerel. The comb appears to be a single or a pea comb, but has stayed small and yellow/faintly pink even as the rest of the girls are starting to pink up a bit. He is also very timid and tends to stay in the back or hide behind others.
I’m quite certain he’s a he but am hoping for confirmation from experts before I decide how to handle the situation (I’ve only got 5 pullets so I don’t think there’s enough room or girls for him to behave).

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    807.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5239.jpeg
    IMG_5239.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5243.jpeg
    IMG_5243.jpeg
    776.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5244.jpeg
    IMG_5244.jpeg
    717 KB · Views: 65
Yep, with those robust tail feathers, that has to be a cockerel!
Some breeds just don't grow combs as fast as others. That comb looks like a single comb.
I love the name! :thumbsup
Thanks! The EE I had a couple years ago had similar fancy tail feathers but she was smaller than this guy and wasn’t as flashy with coloring. That’s the only one I’ve got to compare with, as the other EE I’ve got now is white with some gray spots, but not nearly as big/fluffy as this one.

Back
Top Bottom