Losing feathers around vent

allymk123

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2020
Washington state
My polish hen has been losing feathers around her vent. I have never had anything like this so I have no idea what it could be. Maybe mites or lice? Vent gleet? If somebody could please tell me what they think it is and how to help cure it that would be great :)
E4D50426-C825-4850-A6A7-88646FCA9D6C.png

I'm so sorry you haven't received any replies yet. You're right, there are multiple reasons this may be happening. Have you checked for lice/mites well after dark? What about space in the coop? Do you mind sharing pictures of their coop/run and let us know how many birds are in the flock? As for vent gleet, it's difficult to tell anything from these pictures. Are you able to lift her tail feathers and get a clear picture of her vent?

I'm so sorry you haven't received any replies yet. You're right, there are multiple reasons this may be happening. Have you checked for lice/mites well after dark? What about space in the coop? Do you mind sharing pictures of their coop/run and let us know how many birds are in the flock? As for vent gleet, it's difficult to tell anything from these pictures. Are you able to lift her tail feathers and get a clear picture of her vent?
It turns out it was mites. We have been treating our flock and will be for the next couple weeks but they seem to be getting better! Thank you for replying and trying to help 😁

Back
Top Bottom