Lost a chicken in 4 minute window

YvonneBack

Chirping
Mar 28, 2020
Exactly! Or...
Chickens: where you been?
Silkie: I ran into the brush and there was this Little Red Hen and she asked for help planting wheat seeds and all the farmyard animals said NOT I but I said I WILL and then she needed help cutting the wheat but all the animals said NOT I but I said I WILL and then she needed help taking the wheat to the miller and they all said NOT I but I said I WILL then she needed help baking the bread but again they all said NOT I but I said I WILL and so I've been eating bread all night. And you've been doing?

BunnyEberhart

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Jun 9, 2020
Brighton, Colorado
Exactly! Or...
Chickens: where you been?
Silkie: I ran into the brush and there was this Little Red Hen and she asked for help planting wheat seeds and all the farmyard animals said NOT I but I said I WILL and then she needed help cutting the wheat but all the animals said NOT I but I said I WILL and then she needed help taking the wheat to the miller and they all said NOT I but I said I WILL then she needed help baking the bread but again they all said NOT I but I said I WILL and so I've been eating bread all night. And you've been doing?
Love it!

Sunshine_Chick

Crowing
Feb 11, 2019
Northeast Florida
I'm here to offer hope. I had hen spend the night out for 3 nights until I could catch her again. I'm pretty sure she made a nest & was going broody. I only have 3 hens and the first was a stray that roosted on my windowsill for over a month before I accepted her as mine and got her a dog crate. There are all sorts of predators in my area too, so it is possible that all will be well. 🤞
*** Glad she's safe & sound ***

cmom

Hilltop Farm
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
:welcome :frow Not trying to scare you. Remember, you were lucky this time, you found her. Free ranging is a risk and eventually you will probably loose a bird. It happens. Predators can lurk looking for opportunities and usually find one at one time or another. I love my cameras. We have quite a few predators that roam here especially at night. My most favorite special bird was taken by a fox during the middle of the day. I found feathers but never found her. Now my birds stay in their nice large safe pens. Good luck...

BuckeyeAmy69

Songster
Mar 9, 2020
NW, OH
Yay, glad you found her! So glad I was wrong (about the snake)! Now, Miss BraveHen, see that you stay with the group after this and don't go out 'sploring by yourself again! (Shakes finger for emphasis.) It's a big, scary world out there for little hens alone in the dark! Danger lurks, and there are BOOGEYMEN!
Yes, I hope she was duly scolded for scaring everyone like that!

Top Bottom