Lost a good friend and frustrated

And this has to do with the above ex-friend?................... There are jerks in every state.
It has to do with the fact that in the Bay Area criticizing any behavior is *judgmental.* Pedophilia, flashing, groping, it is all acceptable and no one but a judgmental narrow minded fanatic would fail to understand the deep values in a man's deep committed relationship with half a dozen ewes.

My Grandmother used to say "Never be sad that people show you who they really are. When you know who you're dealing with, you'll know how to deall." Or not deal with them, as the case may be. One of my favorites is "Ye shall know the tree by it's fruit." Seems that some of he disappointment & frustration you feel may be because you don't like rotten fruit. Frankly, even if she came back later and said you were right, I don't know how you'd get past her utter lack of character and questionable moral compass, seeing as how yours has remained intact.
Thank you. I needed that. I am criticized so often for being judgmental and narrow minded that I begin to wonder about myself and my values.

Did you say she said there was nothing wrong wir What he did ?
Yes she did. He and another guy were going to go on pedophilia tour in Asia. I actually vomited because the only objection anyone other than my husband and I had was that it would really hurt his soon to be former wife.

It was like little kids are a consumable, discardable item and the fact that most of those kids never reach adulthood is no big deal.

It has been years and I still have my stomach turn when I think about their behavior.

Lost as to how you can faulty someone for telling you what you asked... I am not from that side of the country though so I dont have the right decoder ring.. Probably also why I am still lost about what the guy did...
He wanted to go on a pedophile sex tour. The only other person in the room who thought this was a bad idea and extremely vicious and exploitative of the children was my husband, who also has some concern for others.

Being in a new relationship blinds people. They don't want to see anything bad about the other person because the whole butterflies in your stomach phase is so much fun. My guess is that soon, his true colors will come out and she will see exactly how he is and once it is over between them she will probably come to you and say "you were right." I'm sorry that you lost a friend but you did a good think warning her about him.
Or, "There are none so blind as those who will not see," whether those 'new relationship butterflies' are there or not. The fact that she wasn't even remotely disturbed by what she heard, even if she'd discounted it, tells me that OP is better off without trash in their orbit.

And before anyone jumps in and says that I'm being judgemental & drops a "judge not lest ye be judged" quote on me, let me offer up that I don't care. If discernment allows me (or anyone else) to understand who & what I'm (they're) dealing with, NOT exercising judgement about the person & their beliefs in not only dangerous but foolhardy.

I'd rather stand before the throne of judgement because I judged someone as "stupid" or "trash" than have to explain why I allowed the trash & stupidity to permeate MY orbit when I was given the tools to know better AND TO DO BETTER but didn't.

You can hate the actions & attitudes without hating the actual person...but that doesn't mean that you are obligated to be around them.

I just read the rest of the posts. Karma, she's a comin'! I can't wait! And the more "good" things come his way, the worse it's going to be for him!

Back
Top Bottom