Lost my kitty today

tls_ranch

Stares at Chickens
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Northern California
My Coop
My Coop
My kitty Maya died today at 4am at the vet hospital. I found her yesterday morning with a swollen jaw/neck with breathing problems and rushed her to the vet. They tried to save her, but she didn't make it. They think the cause was a toxin or venom that entered her blood stream from a wasp/meat bee attack or spider bite. We thought it was a rattlesnake bite at first, but the symptoms didn't progress like a snake bite.

I found her nearly 12 years ago as a tiny abandoned kitten with her eyes barely open. She was crawling across the middle of a hot asphalt road in 100 degree heat, dehydrated and flea covered. I bottle fed her and loved her despite her "wild cat" personality. She grew up to become an awesome hunter, fearless and proud kitty.

RIP Maya ...we'll miss you
hit.gif

Trisha

30473_maya_pic.jpg

Thanks everyone..... I'm crying right now as it's finally settling in that she's gone. I'm going to go get her body tomorrow, so I can bury her here at home. She was part of our family and I don't want to just leave her body at the vets to be disposed of.

Trisha

Oh sweetie, iam so sorry..sooo sooo sorry.. I just know she was very blessed to have been in your life.. And iam sending u a big soft hug
She is gorgeous...!!!
Rip Maya

Back
Top Bottom