Lost our duck / Incubating her eggs

The eggs look right for the time frame. Just make sure there's enough humidity and air passing around the eggs.

I hope your keeping your hands clean before touching the eggs for inspection.

Lockdown is tomorrow but I'm unsure of what time to start it as I forgot when I stuck the eggs in.
The incubator had been turned on between 8:30-8:40am after I had brought it home but I don't remember if I put them in around 9am or 10am
Does anyone know what would be a good time to start lockdown?

Lockdown is tomorrow but I'm unsure of what time to start it as I forgot when I stuck the eggs in.
The incubator had been turned on between 8:30-8:40am after I had brought it home but I don't remember if I put them in around 9am or 10am
Does anyone know what would be a good time to start lockdown?
A few hours either way isn't going to make a difference. I've had chicks hatch that weren't even IN lockdown (OEGB, didn't expect them hatching that early!)

I decided to start lockdown at 7am. Unfortunately I can't keep humidity where it needs to be. It keeps jumping to 80-82% when I haven't done anything.
The only thing I've done is remove the egg turner and add just a tiny bit of water to raise the humidity to 70%. I haven't touched it since then.
It stayed at 70% for a half hour
It's currently 8:25am

Update.
I managed to get it to stay at 75% so here's hoping it goes down to 70% like it should. I was kind of hopeful that someone would have posted some advice on getting the humidity where it should but oh well...

Back
Top Bottom