Love my ducks

Uwish

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 24, 2020
So I’m realizing now my Rouen duck (Mocha) is probably a male has he is starting to get green on his head etc. I got him a friend a Cayuga duckling (still to young to be with mocha as mocha will try to hurt the baby) . Mocha is about three months and the Cayuga (named Echo) is about three weeks. I’m so in love with these ducks. Echo is such a sweet soul Mocha is kinda ornery now. Lol I’m excited for Mocha to have a friend to hang out with and not be lonely (although he is buddies with my peahen it’s still not the same.

Attachments

• 63720BE6-29AE-4AF9-B4D7-B6AB7B7C6206.jpeg
    63720BE6-29AE-4AF9-B4D7-B6AB7B7C6206.jpeg
    804.5 KB · Views: 12
  • F16DF9D4-66F0-4E97-B964-75259F645FAD.jpeg
    F16DF9D4-66F0-4E97-B964-75259F645FAD.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 7
  • BBB8C78B-C5E0-49CA-A6DF-D36F9311A342.jpeg
    BBB8C78B-C5E0-49CA-A6DF-D36F9311A342.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 19EE2B00-7B82-4BAB-AE84-F52E2B7A4980.jpeg
    19EE2B00-7B82-4BAB-AE84-F52E2B7A4980.jpeg
    539.3 KB · Views: 8
So I’m realizing now my Rouen duck (Mocha) is probably a male has he is starting to get green on his head etc. I got him a friend a Cayuga duckling (still to young to be with mocha as mocha will try to hurt the baby) . Mocha is about three months and the Cayuga (named Echo) is about three weeks. I’m so in love with these ducks. Echo is such a sweet soul Mocha is kinda ornery now. Lol I’m excited for Mocha to have a friend to hang out with and not be lonely (although he is buddies with my peahen it’s still not the same.
So precious!!!! Echo will grow fast and in just a few more weeks will be full grown. That's the good thing about ducks. They don't stay babies long so they can go outside quicker but I love the baby part of them too.

Hopefully Echo is a drake and then you don't have to worry about over mating issues. When those hormones hit, the boys can get rough with the girls. :(
I know I was thinking about that and of course I’m worried (echo) came from a straight run ugh... Although she/he is only about 4 weeks now I’m guessing girl ugh

I know I was thinking about that and of course I’m worried (echo) came from a straight run ugh... Although she/he is only about 4 weeks now I’m guessing girl ugh
Once you verify that she is a girl you will need to more than likely get more hens for mating season next year. Otherwise you will risk her being over mated, You could also separate them if you had to though during mating season. Good Luck

Once you verify that she is a girl you will need to more than likely get more hens for mating season next year. Otherwise you will risk her being over mated, You could also separate them if you had to though during mating season. Good Luck
Thank u sooo much for the advice (I’m new to ducks) haven’t had them since I was a child. I always try to do my very best with all my animals. (Honestly everyone is spoiled rotten😂) I will prob separate them when is mating season and how long does it last?

Thank u sooo much for the advice (I’m new to ducks) haven’t had them since I was a child. I always try to do my very best with all my animals. (Honestly everyone is spoiled rotten😂) I will prob separate them when is mating season and how long does it last?
You are most welcome. They say they will mate from April to around November! It seems to be a long season. Some people have claimed to leave just one hen and drake together and things worked out but you would have to watch them very closely to see if it works for you. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Back
Top Bottom