Loving the chick life!

I've been using news paper with dish towels and paper towels on top but they like tearing up the paper >.< They can't seem to get out of the dog cage anymore, so I plan to move them out there soon, probly at their 4 week stage. I just need a little house thing for them to use when it rains until I can get my coop and run.

Yeah apparently they are an Indonesian breed worth a couple hundred dollars

Good stuff! What a breed to own! It would be a good idea for you to wait until week four, I let them out at week three, but I have a coop and hens. Well hopefully your breeding program turns out! If you want them to be pure bred you might want to have them separate from the others you might get. I have around seven barns, and a few going to go under construction, so it's quite easy to split them up. As you can see in my signature, I do have quite a bit of breeds to split!

They'll be four weeks this Saturday :3 yeah I'll see what happens, if nothing else, just have the one roo and a few other hens that way I know the amanis are pure

Yes the Amanis are pure bred and they're eggs will be pure Amanis eggs if no other hens lay eggs in your egg collecting box, or they aren't bred by the other breeds. Do you have an incubator, or are thinking of getting one? A hen won't always go brood, you probably already know. I have only 5 out of all my 150 chickens that go broody each year! If you are using an incubator for hatching you can ask me questions if you need help
smile.png
!

My warhorse game hen just hatched 11 rir, white leghorn/rir white leghorn/golden laced wyadotte,and rir/golden laced wyadotte chicks. I'm so excited to see what they would look like.
1f604.png
1f606.png
I already have 6 barred rock chicks, 4 rir chicks 3 buff ORP chicks,2 buff ORP/ wheaten game chicks, and 4 game chicks

Back
Top Bottom