LPHF Blue Australorps Hatching Thread

Welcome! :frow I can’t wait until you incubate some eggs from your hens. ;)
Have Elvis and Bowie been doing better?
How is your new duck doing?
Part of me wishes that I could have focused on a specific breed and/or breeds to eventually hatch some babies. But I didn’t so all of mine will be mixes. But that’s ok. A few of the eggs that I’ve cracked open looked like they were fertile so Bowie is doing his thing. I haven’t seen Elvis mate with any of the girls yet. Ive seen him shuffle his feet a few times at them but they pretty much ignore him. They try to ignore Bowie most of the time too lol. Only a couple will squat for him (by persistence from him). No more fighting so far. We’re still bringing in the new duck at night. Noah has gotten a lot better about harassing her. He will still nip at her or shoo her away sometimes but he’s not nearly as aggressive as he was. We’re making progress.

Part of me wishes that I could have focused on a specific breed and/or breeds to eventually hatch some babies. But I didn’t so all of mine will be mixes. But that’s ok. A few of the eggs that I’ve cracked open looked like they were fertile so Bowie is doing his thing. I haven’t seen Elvis mate with any of the girls yet. Ive seen him shuffle his feet a few times at them but they pretty much ignore him. They try to ignore Bowie most of the time too lol. Only a couple will squat for him (by persistence from him). No more fighting so far. We’re still bringing in the new duck at night. Noah has gotten a lot better about harassing her. He will still nip at her or shoo her away sometimes but he’s not nearly as aggressive as he was. We’re making progress.
Mixes are good! They tend to be healthier. It’s good that there isn’t any fighting as of now, and that Noah is finally settling down.

Yesterday was Day 6 of our incubation. The pictures I took were all blurry as I didn’t have much time. I’ll get better ones tonight!

Attachments

• E952442B-07D9-45FB-9E08-AEAC0182DEBD.jpeg
    E952442B-07D9-45FB-9E08-AEAC0182DEBD.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom