Lump on baby chicken

Ralae

Hatching
Nov 21, 2020
Hello,
I have had two chickens in the past that grew up before I gave them to family. I have hatched chickens in an incubator a few times. I kept only three chickens from my last hatch but today I noticed a lump on one of there neck/sides I do not know what it is again I'm new to raising chicks I usually sell them and this is the first time I kept chicks from this lady who gave me the eggs..If someone knows about what this is please let me know. And if it is normal in new chicks.

Attachments

• IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    733.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    704.7 KB · Views: 10
Is there any foreign material your chick got a hold of?
Mine found a piece of plastic in the wood chips, & had a blockage. I got rid of the blockage, but still had crop problems for 4 days. I had people help me after I couldn't get his crop down.

Is there any foreign material your chick got a hold of?
Mine found a piece of plastic in the wood chips, & had a blockage. I got rid of the blockage, but still had crop problems for 4 days. I had people help me after I couldn't get his crop down.
No, not that I can think of. I have had a few times where they have escaped their enclosure due to the fact it is a kiddie pool (hard plastic). I am waiting on getting them something bigger but cannot pick it up in person due to me being quarantined. They did go outside for a little bit but I do not recall them eating anything that would get stuck or be harmfull.

No, not that I can think of. I have had a few times where they have escaped their enclosure due to the fact it is a kiddie pool (hard plastic). I am waiting on getting them something bigger but cannot pick it up in person due to me being quarantined. They did go outside for a little bit but I do not recall them eating anything that would get stuck or be harmfull.
Can you feel the crop in case there's anything hard inside?

No, Is it a major issue, and what are the precautions I should take for it.
Based on feeling it. It felt a little watery but I also felt the grains they ate. is it possible that they might have overate.
If you are feeling water and grains, then it's the crop.

Where are you located in the world?
What exactly are you feeding, do they have grit?
Photos of the chicks from the front and of your brooder.

Back
Top Bottom