Pics

Claires Poultry

Crossing the Road
Mar 24, 2019
Sheridan, Wyoming
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the thread where we can talk all things Muscovy! You can talk about what your Muscovies did today, what colors of Muscovies you have, how many you have, and so on! You can post pictures, too! I would love to hear about your Muscovies and see pics of them!
:wee
I have been raising Muscovy ducks since May 2014 and I think that they are the most wonderful birds ever! Right now I have 9 Muscovies, 3 drakes and 6 hens.
Today I got my first duck egg of the year. I had been waiting for it for such a long time, I was so happy that I couldn't help but jump up and down and thank God!
I can't wait until the hens go broody and hatch ducklings! Ducklings are the cutest little things, you just can't help but love them sooo much!
One thing I really enjoy about my Muscovies is that whenever I call them, they come running! I love the way they come wagging their tails and hissing! It is so adorable!
All of my Muscovies have Hebrew names, too.
I love my magnificent marvelous Muscovies! Tell me about yours!

This is Cocoa. He was born in 2016. He is a Chocolate Pied Muscovy. Cocoa is a really great drake and absolutely adorable! He does more tail-wagging and hissing than all my other Muscovies. Cocoa even has his own special way of telling me he's hungry by walking right up to me and hissing a bunch. Sometimes he will nibble on my leg if he wants to eat, too! He is very friendly!
2016 replacement drake - Cocoa.jpg

0BE9E969-BF63-4243-9BD4-7B11367048A6.jpeg
8E19A316-430E-4FFC-BAE1-A24530471AA2.jpeg
E83DCB83-012A-4A3E-AFE7-80729AC2525C.jpeg

Great thread! I have two Muscovy hens that are 10 months old. My husband adopted them as ducklings after my Rouen’s best buddy died, leaving her alone and inconsolable. The girls first introduction to Daphne went poorly as they chased her around the barn at top speed, trying to bite her with great enthusiasm. Hence, they became known as “The Goons”.

“Goon 1” is my white Muscovy. She is the calmer of the two, and she bonded more closely with Daphne than her sister did. “Goon 1” is horrible at flying and worse at landing. She prefers to walk places with Daphne. She also loves to bathe and get beautifully white and then lie in mud moments later. She has not yet started laying.

“Goon 2” is my black and white pied Muscovy hen. She is tiny and feisty. She never stops chatting about whatever is on her mind. She is very independent and she loves to take short flying trips, although she never leaves her friends for long. “Goon 2” just started laying about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago and is working on finishing her first dozen!

Both girls are very bonded to each other, although they went through a rough teenage period during which they wouldn’t stop biting each other or Daphne. Thankfully, that passed! Anyways, they are great little ducks!

Back
Top Bottom