Pics
what color are the parents?

I don't know exactly what color it's parents are, except that it has to be a combination of one of the drakes and one of the hens listed below.

I have a chocolate drake, a chocolate pied drake, a blue fawn drake, 2 blue fawn hens, 3 light blue fawn hens, and 1 chocolate pied hen.

@the cluck juggler @learycow
I just used the Muscovy calculator to figure out that if you cross a blue fawn drake with a blue fawn hen then you'll get 50% blue fawn (aka lilac) ducklings, 25% buff ducklings, and 25% chocolate ducklings.
I have a blue fawn drake and blue fawn hens, so that would make perfect sense if that ducklet was buff! She even looks really similar to the buff Muscovies pictured on the Muscovy calculator! Makes perfect sense, right? She must be buff!

@learycow I just looked at your new website. You did a great job designing it! You have the most beautiful Muscovies ever! I absolutely love the different colors! :love
THank you so much! I need to update it with more pics of the colors and such. Heres a silver barred I am growing out
silver barred.jpg

Wow, does your drake actually sit on them until they hatch?!

Thank you! I'm in love with them, too! I can't get over how cute they are, and all the beautiful colors they come in!
I'm unsure if he would sit till they hatch or not. Earlier this year I'd find him every morning sitting on Winnies freshly laid eggs, but I collected them daily.
Yes I love all of the colours! I currently only have whites and a white that turned blue/lavender? I'm unsure really she seems to still be changing. I also have one hen with 2 black feathers on her head, and 2 of my 3 ducklings also have the same 2 black feathers. She's not their mother but full sister to the mother so I guess it's a birthmark.

I'm unsure if he would sit till they hatch or not. Earlier this year I'd find him every morning sitting on Winnies freshly laid eggs, but I collected them daily.
Yes I love all of the colours! I currently only have whites and a white that turned blue/lavender? I'm unsure really she seems to still be changing. I also have one hen with 2 black feathers on her head, and 2 of my 3 ducklings also have the same 2 black feathers. She's not their mother but full sister to the mother so I guess it's a birthmark.

Silly drake! :celebrate
Is it your white ducks that have a few black feathers on their head? I think it's quite common for white Muscovies to have a black "cap".
Can you please post a pic of your duck that keeps changing colors? I would love to see what she looks like! :)

Back
Top Bottom