Mahonri's 2nd Annual NYDHatch, watching them grow...

Mahonri, I think I'll be warming the bench for this years NYC hatch-a-thon. I can't justify keeping a 90 egg incubator running with a dozen or so eggs. Maybe I'll get my homemade one out and see if I can get it to hold a steady temp, it only holds 30, is insulated, and runs cheaper.

Quote:
Didn't you get the newsletter? Your assignment is ..... ROOSTERS! You get to raise the New Years Day roosters this year.
lol.png

Oh believe me, I have fallen in lurve with a few very beautiful roosters lately and would have a few if I could! Alas, I live in a no-rooster zone. My neighbors have some about a block away; I can hear them in the morning. People 2 doors down used to have some & I haven't heard them in a while. The other day, I was talking to the lady next door & she told me someone on the other side of them turned them in & they had to get rid of them.
sad.png

Awwww, I understand! I was just teasing ya.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You got wellie eggs? I'm gonna be wellie-hunting very soon. You live close to me, too, I think.

Yup. Just don't know that they are pure. My rooster have only been separated for 8 days. Guess I'll find out when they feather in.

I'm near Auburn, so yes, we are close.

Quote:
Have you looked into using an "air card"? We use a Verison air card for our internet since we don't have cable and had heard that satellite was spotty at times. We can send/transmit 5G of data every month. I don't think I have ever gone over half of that in a month. It costs about the same as satellite. Just a suggestion.

Quote:
Dang, my eggs didn't come this morning. I thought sure they would be here. Hope they come in on the afternoon run. My post office is so nice. They are good about calling me as soon as they get them. I have 2 shipments coming.

Sanity just hit for a second.....
OMG ..... If even half of these eggs hatch, I am gonna be swimmin' in chicks....
th.gif

I better go build some more brooders.....

Last edited:
Just a couple more pages and this thread is going to overtake "What's wrong with their feathers?" Now that is hard to believe!

Back
Top Bottom