Mahonri's 2nd Annual NYDHatch, watching them grow...

I am going to have to unsubscribe from this thread and check in manually. We have HughesNet Internet Service and there is a penalty to pay if there is too much activity on your account. No kidding, they limit your usage and if you go above they punish you by restricting your speed to 14.4 modem. The punishment lasts 24 hours the first few times then can be a whole month. Every month you get a free token to get yourself off modem speed. After you use your token, you have to pay $12.00 for a new one. I can't tell you how many tokens we have had to purchase recently due to DH's downloading of flight simulation stuff. Ridiculous!
he.gif

I can't wait until technology reaches us waaaay out here, 2 miles from town!
barnie.gif

Quote:
I have HughesNet also. As soon as my 2 years is up I'm going back to dial up. It may be slow but I don't need to worry about clouds coming over my house and going off line and boy you can't download anything. OH now wait, if you do it between 3am and 7am then your ok but I can't stay up until 3am. I hate Hughesnet and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Quote:
You know I like you, Mahonri, but you are not allowed to look in my mouth. STAY BACK!

Mahonri can look in my mouth...I didn't get my last cleaning in October, so I'm running behind!!
I feel cavities popping up just thinking about it!

On a serious note though, I may have a problem. I have no fertile eggs!!! The last two sets of coturnix eggs I've put in the bator have candled almost completely clear!!!! How does that work?
sad.png

I see the males doing their thing, guessing they are either missing the mark or currently shooting blanks. *sigh*

My bator came just now.
celebrate.gif

Now I’m worried about my eggs. I called the PO and explained to them that I looked up the tracking number and all it said was it they picked it up on the 6th. I ask how can I see where’s it at now. AND HE SAID that tracking number is only so you can see it was shipped.
somad.gif
It said on the information that the Expected Delivery Date is: December 8 and it was shipped Priority Mail.

I said I thought Priority Mail was 2 to 3 days and he said, BUT WITH THE HOLIDAY MAIL IT COULD TAKE AN EXTRA 2 TO 3 DAYS.
rant.gif
SO WHY DO WE PAID TO PRIORITY MAIL if they can’t deliver it like they say.
hit.gif
No wonder they are in the red.
They better come today or I'm going to tell my mail lady when she can put those eggs if they come after Saturday AND I'll be glad to help put them there.

Now watch them come today and I’ll be so ashamed of myself for being so mean.
barnie.gif

Just dug some eggs out of my fridge. Grabbed the last 3 wellie eggs my girl laid and an Ameraucana egg (will be olive egger) Now if my EE would start back up, I'll stick some of those in too. (covered by my welsummer, such pretty babies) And I'll put whatever is laid between now and Saturday in there too.

Quote:
Didn't you get the newsletter? Your assignment is ..... ROOSTERS! You get to raise the New Years Day roosters this year.
lol.png

Oh believe me, I have fallen in lurve with a few very beautiful roosters lately and would have a few if I could! Alas, I live in a no-rooster zone. My neighbors have some about a block away; I can hear them in the morning. People 2 doors down used to have some & I haven't heard them in a while. The other day, I was talking to the lady next door & she told me someone on the other side of them turned them in & they had to get rid of them.
sad.png

Quote:
............................ I like it as " Mahonri's " too , but if he doesn't stop changing it I'm going to have to figure out how to reorganize my sites into something other than alphabetical so I can find it LOL .

Back
Top Bottom