Mahonri's 2nd Annual NYDHatch, watching them grow...

Quote:
Hey, you guys ..... Did I miss the personal invitation, or what? How can Mahonri do this again???? Holy cow, I thought he had a heart attack the last time....... several times.

Well, let me see ..... what can I hatch? Hmmm, I will have to wait and see who is laying. Oh wait, I am going to the Shawnee. OK show the weekend you are setting. I may have to be a couple days ahead or behind you all..... UNLESS, I can talk someone here at home to set them for me.

This party will be more fun than any other New Year's party! Trust me .......

I'll be in Shawnee, too, Kathy. I'm setting bantams of some kind so I'll be setting on 12/14. Hope to see you there!

After reading this whole thread, I am definatly in for a set on Dec 11. I will put in the bator what ever the girls decide to give me that day. I get about two dozen eggs a day but they will all be mixed breeds, but thats ok. I love them the same. I just hatched 18 yesterday, so I will have to find a way to sneak this batch in without my wife catching me..
fl.gif

OK unless my girls start laying really soon, I'm not sure what to hatch. I'm thinking maybe something I can sell afterwards. Thing is I hold on too long and then it takes me a while to let go.

Hmmm....might have an idea though. I'll have to think this out.

BTW Mahonri, Wardens got your back. LOL

OK going out to give my girls some wheat and BOSS and see if they'll be nice and start giving me something to hatch. Have 2 FBCM, and 2 AM pullets along with a couple of EEs that should start soon, but I want better than pullet eggs!
barnie.gif

What to do.

OH mayba my new Favs will start laying too. That would be nice
big_smile.png

I feel left out. I'll have to figure a way to try and join the party! I so have the hatching bug again. (does it ever go away?) I haven't hatched since February since I've been maxed out on room, and building the new coop. Have to get that darn thing done so I have room again!

ginbart........there are buff orp eggs up for auction now, maybe that seller will have some available for you for this hatch.

Illia........That Marans roo has to be one of the most gorgeous roosters I've ever seen. Absolutely stunning!

I have a major problem with one of my pullets, Bonnie. She looked fine 2 days ago, I rushed feeding yesterday. Today I went to combine her and Clyde and when I picked her up!
hit.gif
I think I see saddle and hackle feathers coming in! I think Bonnie might be Benny. I'm so disappointed.

All but one of my AMs turned out to be roos. I'm devistated
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I had an EE that was gorgeous and I was thinking what fantastic chicks that would come from her eggs... two weeks ago she starts getting all gangly and then I noticed them... SADDLE FEATHERS and pointy hackles. DS says I have to use him to teach him how to process... we'll see.

We're gonna have a ton of hatching buddies for this one.

OK, DH said if I leave a tray ready, he'll put them in the incubator for me while I'm in Shawnee, so I'm good to go. It will be my new round of Budkeyes. I'm going to be ready for fall show season next year. No, they're not for sale! I sold so many pullets last year I didn't have enough left for me.

Back
Top Bottom