MAINE chicken stocks, swaps and shows 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
some info for those wanting AI testing for out of state showing (NH)

Bird Testing
Don’t forget that your Pullorum testing cards need
to be updated annually. Birds must be tested to be
entered in shows. Also, anyone interested in getting
A.I. testing (required to show at the Deerfield, N.H.
show in Oct.) can call Bill Morrison and he’ll come out
and test your birds. There will be a small charge for the
test, no charge for his time. His telephone number is** this is an updated phone number as of july 2012** 207-287-370one
sorry, i didn't say they don't test at all for AI in maine, just that it's not part of our regular npip testing.

Last edited:
Is there a date set for the Bangor swap? It is not yet on the master list. It is the only one not a really long drive for me (about 15 miles). Went to the swap in Augusta on the 21st, bought 1 cockeral and 7 pullets from 4 breeders and had a great time. (The little ones are doing great, seem happy and getting along very well, despite being from 4 sources).

It was such fun to see so many breeds that I had only seen in pictures and meet lots of other BYC fanatics. Got to talk with some really nice folks who were most generous with sharing information. Still would like to find one or two cream legbar pullets but otherwise fairly close to full house for now (unless I really get tempted) lol.

Nell

I am updating swaps for august if anyone has any dates to add, send me a pm or post it here.

I have this posted in the regular 'Maine' thread, but wanted to add it to the local chicken swap notices, also. We are about 45 minutes from Waterville, Augusta or Brunswick.

FREE ROOSTER (like there aren't enough out there, already - right?!)

2 yr-old Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte. One of Hoppy's lines. (Check out his pictures!)
***edited, as I stand corrected by his original Mama - He's dark, but he's BLUE!
big_smile.png

He is big and he is beautiful and he is an excellent rooster. Unfortunately, since I free range our birds, my daughter (almost 2) is not able to "free" play outside because this guy goes after her...EVERY time. He knows better than to bother me, he steers clear of hubby, and he has no problem with our dog & cat who are always out & about with the chickens, but our little girl must be just the 'right' size that he sees her as a threat/competition/SOMETHING!

Hubby has given the ultimatum that we either re-home him or he will have a new home in our freezer. I hate to see such a BEAUTIFUL rooster killed in the prime of his life and I'm hoping that somebody will take him?

He is FREE, you just have to come get him...and catch him (not an issue in the morning before they go out for the day). We live in Nobleboro - between Bath & Rockland and not far from Augusta. The original deadline given by hubby was tomorrow, but I have gotten him an extension to the weekend, so please let me know if there is any interest!!

I am Selling out! Anyone interested in any of the breeds below can contact me at [email protected]

Barred Rocks
White Rocks
Buff Orpintons All Pullets $8. each

3 Mammoth Bronze Turkey Hens (laying) $30.00

Silkies; colors: Splash, Blue, white, black all are Very good Quality! out of Top Breeders! $25. and up!

White Crested Black Polish ( Quad) one roo, 3 pullets! $60. These are out of Dick Horstman Poulty Judge!

sorry to hear that nancy.

I am Selling out! Anyone interested in any of the breeds below can contact me at [email protected]

Barred Rocks
White Rocks
Buff Orpintons All Pullets $8. each

3 Mammoth Bronze Turkey Hens (laying) $30.00

Silkies; colors: Splash, Blue, white, black all are Very good Quality! out of Top Breeders! $25. and up!

White Crested Black Polish ( Quad) one roo, 3 pullets! $60. These are out of Dick Horstman Poulty Judge!

lots of swaps this weekend

I have these birds available for pick up. I'm all swapped out for a while

1 blue silkie pullet 6 months old, 1 blue silkie cockeral
3 slate turkeys
also a few cockerals, wyandottes in a few colors, blacks, maybe a blue out there. all from friendly birds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom