Maine Coons

jennh

Songster
12 Years
Jun 21, 2007
Lititz
Does anyone on here raise Maine Coons, or have one?

I had rescued two kittens from CL last Sept 13th after having to put my precious Athena to sleep. This guy was going to "throw them away!!!
ep.gif
Lucky me!
ya.gif
wee.gif

They were a year old in July, and are littermates, both females. They both have long toe tufts, ear tufts, long, soft belly fur, big fluffy tails, and they are both developing manes. They both play fetch, are very vocal, and are super affectionate.

I am posting pics from when they were kittens up to now. Do you think they might be part Maine Coon? Any opinions are welcome!

2757_sheba_and_venus_appros_7_wks_001.jpg

The day I brought them home, starving and COVERED with fleas
2757_sheba_and_venus_002.jpg

Approx two weeks later
2757_sheba_and_venus_102810.jpg

see how they form a heart? Approx 3 mos old
2757_venus_sheba_aug_15_2011_002.jpg

Venus 1 yr old
2757_venus_sheba_aug_282011_002.jpg

Sheba 1 yr old

Last edited:
Aww, I love the breed. I have a cat that's half Main Coon and he is huge. Saber is such a sweetheart. I'd post a pic of him, but I can't find the USB cord to my camera.

I've only saw a Maine Coon a couple of times on TV, so not really familiar with them. Are they large in size? They look similar to the ones that I've saw on TV.

Those sure are sweeties! I want to come over and love on them!
love.gif

Yours are adorable!
love.gif

we have two that are brothers from the same litter... they are Maine Coon/ Bengal mix
Milo1.jpg

MiloandGizmo2.jpg

If anything ever happens to these guys we'll have to get another Maine Coon... they are amazing cats.. the only one who rivals them is our Savannah cat!

Seems to be part main coon. It seems to be a prominant gene. They are really neat cats. We would go to a parts store and they had a main coon only about 30 pounds but he would sit in a wheel and not move, even when you touched him. Very cool cat.

We had a barn cat that had a feral boy friend that must of been MC. She had a few kittens over the years that sound like what you described. The last one was born the night my mom past away. He weighed 26lbs. He was my 2lbs yorkie's chew toy. He looks fat in the pix but he wasn't he was VERY fluffy

033.jpg

032-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom