Maine Coons

I'm not sure if mine have a little Maine Coon blood or not or possibly Turkish Angora as they all love water. They could just be mixes of neither too LOL. Their mom was a Russian Blue, and here is Reggie the dad--
68054_twist_009.jpg

Ludger
68054_twist_018.jpg

Peaches (also in my avatar)

68054_reg_nosy_espy_520.jpg

Giorgio
68054_reg_nosy_espy_460.jpg

Love everyone's photos. Jennh--yours look so lovely now!!

PLEASE have your cats heart checked if you have a Maine Coon.. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) Is rampant (30%+ have it) in Maine Coons. Having spent $12k to keep my baby boy alive for a few months longer and all the heartbreak associated... Please have the test done.

Your cats are beautiful!!
big_smile.png
We have a Maine Coon (mix I am sure) that someone "donated" to our yard.... Her name is Diamond and we have had her for about 6 years now.... Her only issue and why we think she was dumped is because she will not use a litter box. She loves to be outside and on the porch so that's where she stays
smile.png

18368_img_0095.jpg

18368_diamondbench06b.jpg

PitterPaws and Kaitie09, did your cats always have the mane, or did they develop as they got older? Your cats are beautiful as well.----They all are
thumbsup.gif
I love chickens ALMOST as much as I love cats
love.gif

I have a Maine Coon- Tootsie-she is my lovable favorite but dont tell my others I said that!
She is seven years old, I bought her from a breeder when she was a kitten- and she has been a sweetheart ever since!
She has the mane, as well- but its summer so she doesnt really have one right now. it will come in thick and big during the winter months. She is also polydactyl - she has seven toes on each foot.
smile.png

She also has hcm- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Doctor gave her six months to two years to live...two years ago. She hasnt shown any symptoms yet, so every day is a 'knock on wood' kind of day.

Quote:
Thank you! I adopted mine from the humane society when she was 10 months old, her mane was sparse then, but it did however, fillout immensely when she was around 5 years old. She has all the characteristics of a main, the tufts between the toes, the main coon Face, big bushy tail.

Back
Top Bottom