Maine- True Ameraucana-Blue/Black pen- 6 plus- $10 plus shipping

Wow, these are some sweet looking birds. Great job on raising such nice looking birds. Have you entered any into a fair or show? There is a windsor show in the spring, also one in the fall in Farmington, Maine.
These would be a nice display to have around. Again, great job!

Thank you everyone.

Spook. Thank you. I don't know if I will do fairs due to biosecurity issues. I have a pan at the gate with clorox and don't buy birds anymore from anyone else so I am frightened to expose my flock to stuff. My marans flocks are just doing so well, that risking them alone would set me back years. Also, I cannot take credit for these birds as these are first generations from some awesome breeders. I did cull (sold) quite a few to keep the best, and hope to continue producing correct birds. These are from several breeders so the eggs folks receive will be my own line.

I have everyone on the list that pmed or emailed me. Thank you so much for the business.
big_smile.png

Your a smart poulter, shows can be dangerous especially when you bring stock back from others as you don't know what they've been exposed to or what they've been through.. i agree 100%,

i know some folks here( i wont mention names) they go to every little auction around and every were they go they have the same shoes on..same shoes worn to these auction and drag everything with them all over..one should keep a bottle of bleach solution and spray there shoes even if just going to a local feed store.
One must be careful and try to safe guard there flock in every manner,
i know our farm we use to have it open for the general public to just stop by, we have ended that and become as bio secure as possible. don't want to take a single chance anymore..we do not do tours anymore.

you will make it to my front yard and thats it when visiting here..otherwise don't worry about the big dogs i say, just worry about the crazy owner..lol

sorry for rambling
Charlie

Quote:
Well now Miss Prissy, that seems a bit personal to me. How would you like someone sneaking up on you a snapping a picture while you were trying to lay an egg? Sheesh, can*t a hen get a little privacy these days?
tongue.png

Charlie, I like your ramblings.
lol.png

Folks, I think I have enough orders for now. I don't want too long a waiting list. I have tried to get an accurate shot of the eggs. It seems worse outside. The sun made them look white in the pictures. I am going to post two pics from my byc page. If you look at the difference between the EE eggs (greenish, one located at the bottom of the plate between 2 Marans eggs and in the middle of the egg tray, next to the white eggs) and the Ameraucana (2 upper eggs on the plate and the farthest 2 right rows), I think that is the best I can do for now. You can see a distinct difference between the greenish ee eggs, and how much darker than the white eggs. I will ask my husband to take a try tomorrow. He actually knows how to take a picture, lol.

I would ask that folks who order these, give feedback when you do get them, so people can hear from you about the color.

Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate the sales, given how much money I have been shelling out in the past 18 months on stock, eggs, feed, coops, yada yada yada more eggs... My poor dh has been very patient with me.
tongue.png

winter09153.jpg

solskenfarm2009006.jpg

Jennifer-lovely birds and exceptional photographs-compliments on your skills at both-
I think the Marans have attuned us to lines and egg color. Whose did your birds come out of? The hard work put into these is very clear and they should be commended.
Perhaps when your list is very long, if the demand is greater than production you could refer folks in a big hurry back to the original breeder to help everybody out. There is always going to be alot of interest in Ameraucanas, esp those with great egg color and such fantastic lacing and beards.

Back
Top Bottom