Maine

I say the same thing about the cold- you can put on a coat, sit by the fire.....but when it's soo hot, there are only so many pieces of clothing you can take off! I also appreciate that there are enough people who really don't like the weather here to keep them away....it keeps Maine pretty quiet....like I like it!

Only so many pieces of clothing you can take off and still legally go out in public!
wee.gif
Totally agree on the tourist thing! We have a camp just outside of Houlton not too many tourists up that way. Love it!!

I just got back from NH where they got 8-10 inches of snow. thankfully here was only 2-3. I'm exhausted from the drive at least I can sleep in in the morning. and i got a call about a job!
celebrate.gif

I had some help taking care of the birds while I was gone. I had asked that eggs from 2 pens be saved and marked then rest could be taken in and left to be eaten. instead helpful decided to keep all the eggs laid and not mark any of them. now I have no idea whos eggs are whos and now I have to decide do I want to bother hatching these and not knowing what I am hatching?/ sizzles, silkies, paint silkies. thankfully the duck eggs were left there, not that i'd have a problem telling those apart.
he.gif

Hi Hoppy,

Sorry to hear about "Helpful" but good luck with on the job!!

Thought I'd share that the roo I got from you decided a few days ago that he's going to roost...on the top roost!! The 2 Sizzle hens have been roosting too. I'm so proud of all of them!!
yippiechickie.gif
The light splash is the first one out the door in the morning followed by the roo. They're not to sure about the snow but someone was out today cuz there were footprints in the snow in the pen.

Mars vs Venus?? The truth is that its the darkness I don't like and the infringement on my freedom. Good news is solstice has passed! I am in the right state for a lot of things, so I'll keep complaining about the one thing I really don't like. At least it isn't Montana or Michigan snow. Gads!
Occasionally there are Brahmas at a swap but they are always hatchery. If you want to find local breeders of LF Brahmas you might try asking the CMBF club if they know someone or get into the Brahma or Heritage threads and ask them. Another thought is start where you can. If you can get hatchery and work your way up then do.

cmbf?

Central Maine Bird Fanciers Club. Please excuse my thoughtlessness. Sorry.

I wanted to post this picture.... what a lovely old Hamburg! http://www.shorpy.com/node/3090

BF and I got talking a lot about the things I need here to get sales and breeding going. He is taking the first steps after I showed him a bunch of pictures and talked about how far out I have to get all this set up ahead of the actual eggs or chick collecting. Looks like I am going to have chickens in my basement! I am not really fond of that idea but the barn temp stays just above 30 but that isn't going to cut it for keeping eggs viable. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Anyone have any Black Australorps they would part with? Either hens or roosters would work

The suggestion of Grumpy's is a good one. I have seen their birds. There is a breeder up north as well but I don't know the quality of her birds. She is good about pics for stock reference though. If you are interested she is luvmygoats in here.

I do know one person who has Aussies. I will ask her if she is selling though I think hers were hatchery stock. If you are interested pm me.

Since the confusion about me painting the eggs I went and found the only egg I painted and kept. Most were gifts YEARS ago. The lighting isn't flattering. Its about the size of a largish egg.

Ash good luck actually making a profit, I havent met anyone in the chicken business who actually makes more money then they spend unless its a hatchery. Although I wish you the best.....

Back
Top Bottom