Maine

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chickenboy, Mar 16, 2007.

1. CoopChick719

CoopChick719 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2012
    Maine
    Only so many pieces of clothing you can take off and still legally go out in public! [​IMG]Totally agree on the tourist thing! We have a camp just outside of Houlton not too many tourists up that way. Love it!!

2. CoopChick719

Sep 20, 2012
    Maine
    Originally Posted by ChickMagnet207 [​IMG]

Hi ChickMagnet,

If you find anyone with Black Australorps, please PM me. I'm looking for some too. There is a BYCer who sells fertile BA eggs. This is a link to her profile https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/114804/triplell

Thanks, CoopChick719

3. CoopChick719

Sep 20, 2012
    Maine
    Hi Hoppy,

Sorry to hear about "Helpful" but good luck with on the job!!

Thought I'd share that the roo I got from you decided a few days ago that he's going to roost...on the top roost!! The 2 Sizzle hens have been roosting too. I'm so proud of all of them!! [​IMG]The light splash is the first one out the door in the morning followed by the roo. They're not to sure about the snow but someone was out today cuz there were footprints in the snow in the pen.

4. Keric

Keric Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2012
    Maine
    hatchery. welp hatchery.

5. Keric

Dec 5, 2012
    Maine
    hatchery. welp hatchery.

6. Keric

Dec 5, 2012
    Maine
    cmbf?

7. ashandvine

ashandvine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Western MA
    Central Maine Bird Fanciers Club. Please excuse my thoughtlessness. Sorry.

I wanted to post this picture.... what a lovely old Hamburg! http://www.shorpy.com/node/3090

BF and I got talking a lot about the things I need here to get sales and breeding going. He is taking the first steps after I showed him a bunch of pictures and talked about how far out I have to get all this set up ahead of the actual eggs or chick collecting. Looks like I am going to have chickens in my basement! I am not really fond of that idea but the barn temp stays just above 30 but that isn't going to cut it for keeping eggs viable. Wish me luck.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. ashandvine

ashandvine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Western MA
    The suggestion of Grumpy's is a good one. I have seen their birds. There is a breeder up north as well but I don't know the quality of her birds. She is good about pics for stock reference though. If you are interested she is luvmygoats in here.

I do know one person who has Aussies. I will ask her if she is selling though I think hers were hatchery stock. If you are interested pm me.

Since the confusion about me painting the eggs I went and found the only egg I painted and kept. Most were gifts YEARS ago. The lighting isn't flattering. Its about the size of a largish egg.
    [​IMG]

9. ChickMagnet207

ChickMagnet207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Maine
    Ash good luck actually making a profit, I havent met anyone in the chicken business who actually makes more money then they spend unless its a hatchery. Although I wish you the best.....

10. ChickMagnet207

ChickMagnet207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Maine
    Nice job!

I just acquired the sweetest Australorp but my hens are not treating her very nice she is very submissive and sweet. Follows me around everywhere. I built her a separate coop but she needs a friend or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by