Maine

Good luck to you Chambertin!

SCG, I ordered cowgirl's 30 egg assortment. I can't wait to see what arrives! Possibilities are: BBS Ameraucana, Barnevelder, BLR Wyandotte, Marans (black copper, blue, cuckoo, wheaten), Welsummer, and olive egger (Isbar x Marans). I'm not sure she labels them, so I may be in suspense for quite some time!

oh sadness! I got an email from Johnny's yesterday saying the seed potatoes I ordered ( red gold) had a seed crop failure, so I will not be getting any
sad.png
. Anyone here have another favorite potato variety?

Good luck to you Chambertin!

SCG, I ordered cowgirl's 30 egg assortment. I can't wait to see what arrives! Possibilities are: BBS Ameraucana, Barnevelder, BLR Wyandotte, Marans (black copper, blue, cuckoo, wheaten), Welsummer, and olive egger (Isbar x Marans). I'm not sure she labels them, so I may be in suspense for quite some time!

That's exciting! 30 eggs! Nice breeds, too!

I just got an order form from Perkco Supply, Inc. (Exeter) 1-800-453-3337 for their spring chicks. I was blown away by their prices. Pullet chicks are 1.99 each. RIR, BSL, araucanas, white Leghorn, PBR, Gold comets, BO BA, NH, Black Giants, Silver Wyandottes. They also have Broilers (CxR). Turkeys, ducklings, bantams guineas, pheasants are also offered at a good price. Minimum order is 25, customer orders can be combined. Orders due by 4/13, Pick up 5/9. I am not affiliated with this company, but wanted to pass this info along. The receptionist said that the 25 chick order count does not have to be all one breed, as he will be getting in a LOT of chicks. But it sounds like it may not be a guarantee that you'll get exactly what you want unless you order the 25 chick total. If interested, you might want to call to check that out. I'm all set for this year, but would definately look at ordering from them in the future. Perhaps if enough extra interest and requests are given, they may carry an other broiler option in the future.

As an aside, they carry a full line of feed supplies, shavings, straw, any basic farm need.

I don't plan to ever order hatchery again especially when I know their Araucana and Ameraucanas are NOT that.

Two more Orloff eggs and I got to them this morning before they froze. I decided to leave the one frozen one in there with a marble egg decoy so they keep laying in the same spot and maybe it will inspire the other girls. I have one Orloff in particular who just HAS to lay fertile eggs because she has the best type. I am still not seeing Jack (the cock here) doing his job so I am concerned. I also have failed to candle eggs each time I tried. I got a mag like and dark room but not a lot of luck. We'll try again soon. First I have to primp this bator SO made.

I got looking into something the other day and wanted some input. "Fodder pellets' for horses look like compressed lawn clippings. I took a few home and soaked them. They look like lawn and sawdust. Not so inspired by the sawdust bit but I was considering buying a bag for winter green suppliments next year. I figured if I soak them and mix them in with other foods, like the cracked corn or cottage cheese or pasta left overs the birds would get more of the greens. IDK the salt content though and do have to review that.

Anyone going to the CMBF meeting this month... other than Hoppy? :)

Has anyone here ever kept Malay's or Shamo's? They dont appear to be a cold weather bird... My son wants to have HIS own breed, and he wants something really really big. He loves the way they look. I am thinking Jersey Giant or Brahma would be better. But, the ones I have seen were nothing special size wise, of course I think they have all been hatchery stock...

Back
Top Bottom